Substitute Gamethread: Sox vs Astros

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
Sox are going to have to make the hard decisions soon Humber/Floyd and Stewart DFA or not because season could slip away very soon.

Don't DFA Floyd. Put him on the DL. DFA Stewart and Humber, let Quintana take one of their spots. Who steps in for the other starter spot?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
Found them! Meet John Danks and Jose Quintana

Could be true. Humber could slide in and be the new Stewart. He would be servicable in Stewarts current role. I think at this point it's gonna be pretty damn hard not to keep starting Quintana with the way Floyd and Humber have been throwing.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Could be true. Humber could slide in and be the new Stewart. He would be servicable in Stewarts current role. I think at this point it's gonna be pretty damn hard not to keep starting Quintana with the way Floyd and Humber have been throwing.

this is why they are slow playing this Danks stuff. See two more starts worth of Gavin/Humber, two more starts of Q to see if he's for real, and the choices may become obvious in that timespan

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Don't DFA Floyd. Put him on the DL. DFA Stewart and Humber, let Quintana take one of their spots. Who steps in for the other starter spot?

I was saying DFA Stewart and pick between Humber/Floyd as starter.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)

You don't DFA Humber or Floyd. You keep trotting Gavin out there and assume that at some point he's gonna go through one of his hot stretches. You keep Humber in the bullpen as the new long guy, and you won't have to make a roster move in a double-header situation or DL'd starter. Humber could move right into those spots.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
I was saying DFA Stewart and pick between Humber/Floyd as starter.

Why on Earth would you DFA a guy who has options left? A 25 year old starter who is in his first season above AA ball to boot?

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
You don't DFA Humber or Floyd. You keep trotting Gavin out there and assume that at some point he's gonna go through one of his hot stretches. You keep Humber in the bullpen as the new long guy, and you won't have to make a roster move in a double-header situation or DL'd starter. Humber could move right into those spots.

Yeah I guess I'd be okay with Humber in the pen. DFA Stewart, Humber to take his spot, Quintana to take Humber's. I still say you DL Floyd and find someone to take a few starts.

What would Humber's stats be like without the perfect game? Man, he'd be close to 2.0 WHIP I bet.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
Yeah I guess I'd be okay with Humber in the pen. DFA Stewart, Humber to take his spot, Quintana to take Humber's. I still say you DL Floyd and find someone to take a few starts.

What would Humber's stats be like without the perfect game? Man, he'd be close to 2.0 WHIP I bet.

Seriously, how on Earth is this something people are repeating without being scoffed at?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)
Seriously, how on Earth is this something people are repeating without being scoffed at?

Fine, then send him back to AA. I don't care, just get his ass off the Major league roster.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:40 PM)
Why on Earth would you DFA a guy who has options left? A 25 year old starter who is in his first season above AA ball to boot?

He is 100% garbage.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 04:43 PM)
Fine, then send him back to AA. I don't care, just get his ass off the Major league roster.

That is fine. Starting in AAA would have been a reasonable option for him anyway this year.

Just act like you know a bit about what you're talking about with the angry frustrated hate this first place team posts, people. Come on. DFA-ing a 25 year old starter with options remaining in his first big league year when your 40 man roster is at 37 is just ludicrous.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:41 PM)

Because instead of looking.at his age some of us are looking at his performance at AA and above and seeing that his stats mirror his stuff: utter mediocrity.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)

Axelrod, for now. He really can't be any worse. Though, long term, I'd sure want somebody other than Axelrod. I doubt that person could be found in our minor league system.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:41 PM)

I've given up on it. You and I don't see eye to eye on everything, but the old "disregard talent, only care about MLB production out of position at age 25" thing is getting old. If things were as clear in real life as they on baseball-reference, you'd all be getting paid to make roster moves

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
Because instead of looking.at his age some of us are looking at his performance at AA and above and seeing that his stats mirror his stuff: utter mediocrity.

And really, it is pathetic. It makes game threads a joke.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
And no one in baseball history has ever improved on their first 2 months performance in the big leagues. After jumping 2 levels.

Will not be Stewart.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
That is fine. Starting in AAA would have been a reasonable option for him anyway this year.

Just act like you know a bit about what you're talking about with the angry frustrated hate this first place team posts, people. Come on. DFA-ing a 25 year old starter with options remaining in his first big league year when your 40 man roster is at 37 is just ludicrous.

Haha, I am in no way hating this team right now, but good try.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
I've given up on it. You and I don't see eye to eye on everything, but the old "disregard talent, only care about MLB production out of position at age 25" thing is getting old. If things were as clear in real life as they on baseball-reference, you'd all be getting paid to make roster moves

GMAFB. Who is going to take the 3 roster spots on the 40 man that for some reason you need clear by releasing the guy?