Substitute Gamethread: Sox vs Astros

Kyyle23

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)
I have no clue why it would be "Mark Parent" calling all the pitches.

He claims to do the pitch calling, per frequent cuts to him doing so and his interview on 670 this morning.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)
I'm dissapointed in the series but it's funny seeing posts stating how do we lose a series to the Astros.......you are going to lose series to teams worse than you and win series vs teams better than you it is only 3 games.

Welcome to this board. The only way to be cool when the team has a couple bad games is to be more obscenely negative than everyone else on the board.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
Seems it is acceptable to some, to lose to the worst road team in baseball. Yeah, SoxTalk is gonna get a bit irritated at the thought of getting blasted to this s***ty team, everyone should

Play at home is pathetic ALL year................anyone that thinks this is good baseball is nuts.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 04:01 PM)
Play at home is pathetic ALL year................anyone that thinks this is good baseball is nuts.

Sox are now 16-18 at home on the year. 16 wins, 2 games below .500...that's just godawful baseball. Unforgivable.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jun 11, 2012 -> 03:58 AM)
Seems it is acceptable to some, to lose to the worst road team in baseball. Yeah, SoxTalk is gonna get a bit irritated at the thought of getting blasted to this s***ty team, everyone should

With how bad Floyd and Humber have been pitching, it wouldn't matter where the games were played and who the opponent was.

Just surprised that Nathan Jones also imploded, too.

Thought we had a decent chance to come back. So it's ironic that it's Harrell beating us, who we gave up for dead, and rightfully so.

I don't think we should start arguing we should have kept Lucas Harrell over Humber. Although it's tempting.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2012 -> 04:03 AM)
Sox are now 16-18 at home on the year. 16 wins, 2 games below .500...that's just godawful baseball. Unforgivable.

:lolhitting

I'll assume you're joking. At least after the last add-on word.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)

The idea that any team plays good baseball all the time is the one we have a problem with. People that lose their mind over short bouts of bad play are bad coaches/players and are boring media members and annoying fans.

I don't believe that the "poor play at home" has anything to do with anything. Bad luck. They aren't taking a different approach to the game at home or anything like that. Let it work itself out over the course of the season.

By the way, another thing we like to do is call games before they are over. That too is annoying.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)

It is rainbows and sunshine all hail the great home White Sox team..............u r right awesome job!

I love PK, but I have to say he's been allergic to hustle lately. Doesn't like running out of the box on ground balls and not sliding there is stupid. Half the pitchers in baseball are terrified to put a tag on a sliding baserunner at home