Substitute Gamethread: Sox vs Astros

Kyyle23

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 11, 2012 -> 04:13 AM)
I love PK, but I have to say he's been allergic to hustle lately. Doesn't like running out of the box on ground balls and not sliding there is stupid. Half the pitchers in baseball are terrified to put a tag on a sliding baserunner at home

Would he have been safe? Or you're just saying the pitcher might have dropped it or the ball might have gotten kicked or knocked away?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)
Would he have been safe? Or you're just saying the pitcher might have dropped it or the ball might have gotten kicked or knocked away?

ball beat him, but you have to at least challenge the pitcher to put his body near home plate, catch the ball, get the tag down, etc

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)
Let Stewart finish it no matter what.

Might as well bring Ohman in for an inning to see if he can approve upon his ERA vs. a team thats just gonna be hacking for numbers their last 6 outs.

QUOTE (black jack @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
Not sure why Paulie wasn't sliding there.

Someone remind me, who did they trade Harrell for?

Nobody. Astros got him off waivers.

He still has good stuff. As a sinkerballer (which he seems bound and determined to be, even out of the pen) he's going to have a hell of a time being consistent out of the bullpen.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
forget about Youkilis, we need to find a couple starters

Yes...One starter and one more bullpen arm. Give me that over a third baseman. I would rather watch Orlando struggle at 3rd than watch a team like Houston come in here and homer 8 times in 3 games.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
Phil Homerber is really, really, REALLY bad.

Please DFA him.

Sox are going to have to make the hard decisions soon Humber/Floyd and Stewart DFA or not because season could slip away very soon.