GT: Sox @ da Champs, 6/13, 7:15, CSN

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
This sucks even more just because I know how much of an ASSHOLE Lynn is in person. He and Storen are F-ing douchebags. Come on jake

How do you know these guys? Care to elaborate on their asshole-ness?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
NL style baseball is horses***.....................nothing exciting about walking the 8th hitter to pitch to the pitcher. AL in such a disadvantage in NL parks.

agreed, i hate the n.l. making pitchers hit makes no sense

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
This is on Alexei. I'm really starting to think we should look for a decent shortstop at the deadline. That was totally inexcusable.

lol unfortunatly we have alexei for 3 more years

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 09:37 AM)
Never understood the big rush to give him the extension.

It made a LOT more sense than Teahen. At least Alexei competed for ROY, won a Silver Slugger award and plays GG caliber defense.

At the time, he looked like the franchise shortstop to build around, although his age was a concern.

At least you can see the logic of rewarding him for performing so well at a bargain basement price for his first 2-3 years in the big leagues.

I guess everyone with a magic ball could predict a decline, but using that same line of logic, we would have jettisoned AJ and Konerko a long time ago, and where would that have left us in 2012?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 08:34 PM)
agreed, i hate the n.l. making pitchers hit makes no sense

OMG you are missing the super uuubbbeer stategy that they use in the NL. They use double switches. I mean whats better than taking an automatic out and moving it all over the lineup while taking worthwhile players out.