WHITE SOX WINNER!

justBLAZE

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
Oh God, is it gonna be an ugly sunday lineup in those ugly red uniforms tomorrow? lame

Wait, you don't like the 71-75 throwbacks? I thought everyone did. Makes me want to get a Melton, Allen, or yes, even a Bahnsen jersey.

I totally agree with the poster who suggested the powder blue road unis from the same period on away Sundays.

I only got into baseball last year so I have no nostalgia for those red uniforms. They make me think of the boston red sox.

I followed the sox a little as a kid in the 90's but they were wearing black back then.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
Oh God, is it gonna be an ugly sunday lineup in those ugly red uniforms tomorrow? lame

No worries...The Feathered is pitching tomorrow...unless our manager intervenes, it's in the bag...

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 09:49 PM)
I only got into baseball last year so I have no nostalgia for those red uniforms. They make me think of the boston red sox.

I followed the sox a little as a kid in the 90's but they were wearing black back then.

Ahhh. If you look at a retrospective of Sox unis through the ages, ours have changed more than any other team. Quite a bit of it has to do with Bill Veeck, who never stopped marketing. Red, Black and many shades of Blue have been the primary color for the Sox at various times in their history.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 11:10 PM)
I like the black. Good guys wear black. I still remember that slogan from the 90's. That was a good slogan.

The words of House Reinsdorf...good guys wear black.

House Reinsdorf had some special uniforms in the 80s that did not contain very much black

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 09:49 PM)

I have no nostalgia for the 1917 throwback uniforms which the Sox used to wear. Contrary to what some may believe I wasn't around back then, but i liked them a lot. I like the negro league throwback uniforms too. I just think it's pretty cool for baseball to pay homage to the past.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 01:44 AM)
I have no nostalgia for the 1917 throwback uniforms which the Sox used to wear. Contrary to what some may believe I wasn't around back then, but i liked them a lot. I like the negro league throwback uniforms too. I just think it's pretty cool for baseball to pay homage to the past.

Big Ed we need you to post more!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 12:07 AM)
I wonder what our record is the last several years when Dick Stockton does the game. It seems like we always win, to the point where it is now a running joke with me and my friends.

I'd still be happier if. I never heard. Him speak again.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Wait, you don't like the 71-75 throwbacks? I thought everyone did. Makes me want to get a Melton, Allen, or yes, even a Bahnsen jersey.

I totally agree with the poster who suggested the powder blue road unis from the same period on away Sundays.

I sure don't. Nothin' special, and there's many other jerseys throughout history that I like a lot more. Much cleaner than the wide-collared ones at least...I'll give them that. That particular S shape on the hat has always irked me, though. The powder blue road unis are INFINITELY better looking, and probably one of my favorites lookswise.