SOX GAMETHREAD: LETS MAKE IT TWO

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
Other than the Brewers laughing for 10 min? Not sure

Forgot how the Brewers love hanging onto an expensive player until 2014 who is hitting .199. Excellent point.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:40 PM)
A very underrated story on soxtalk the last 24 hours is that KW tried to acquire Ichiro.

He was told Ichiro wasn't on the block though. I assume the price wouldn't have been expensive. I kind of get the feeling Ichiro wasn't on the market for anyone, basically he wanted to go to the Yanks and that is where they sent him.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:48 AM)
Why do we have Brett Myers in our bullpen?

Okay...well, maybe it's better to get some confidence back in Nate's thought process, because he might need to replace Crain again.

MATT THORNTON, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET A LH BATTER (Morneau) out.

Doumit's a switch hitter who looks like Seann William Scott. Or is it William Sean Scott? Whatever, get him out.

Morneau has been horrible vs LHP this year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:48 PM)
Why do we have Brett Myers in our bullpen?

Okay...well, maybe it's better to get some confidence back in Nate's thought process, because he might need to replace Crain again.

MATT THORNTON, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET A LH BATTER (Morneau) out.

Doumit's a switch hitter who looks like Seann William Scott. Or is it William Sean Scott? Whatever, get him out.

Myers was acquired to close down the stretch. KW has soured on Reed and is looking to package him from what I know which isn't much right now...,

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 03:50 AM)
He was told Ichiro wasn't on the block though. I assume the price wouldn't have been expensive. I kind of get the feeling Ichiro wasn't on the market for anyone, basically he wanted to go to the Yanks and that is where they sent him.

Yep, but for KW to inquire about an outfielder, it seems like he COULD be considering bigger deals with Viciedo involved in them.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)

From the sounds of it, what we gave up for Myers is about what the Yanks gave up for Ichiro.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)

In all honesty, he's a good pickup for the Yankees. He adds defense to that outfield and he will be hitting 8th or 9th, so if he doesn't improve offensively, it's not gonna kill them.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:51 PM)
Yep, but for KW to inquire about an outfielder, it seems like he COULD be considering bigger deals with Viciedo involved in them.

KW would trade tank for Greinke...? He's asking himself that these days. He'd have to to compete with other offers.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)
Myers was acquired to close down the stretch. KW has soured on Reed and is looking to package him from what I know which isn't much right now...,

Speculation/theory or you actually heard this from someone with connections?

"Doumit's a switch hitter who looks like Seann William Scott. Or is it William Sean Scott? Whatever, get him out."

Goon is hilarious, btw.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:51 PM)

I think it had more to do with the fact that he could platoon a bit with Viciedo down the stretch and add some speed off the bench (if the price is right). Maybe it is cause they'd deal Dayan, but if they were, it better be for someone that is a difference maker and that the Sox can have control of.

I hope that isn't true.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:53 PM)
Speculation/theory or you actually heard this from someone with connections?

-I should explain. (Typing too fast in the game thread.) They do like Myers to close but RV loves Reed. It's more that Reed is being asked about, than KW "souring" on him. But they do have concerns and put a huge emphasis on self-scouting. (Santos).

Jeff Baker (32)

Robinson Cano (30) - $15MM club option with a $2MM buyout

Mike Fontenot (33)

Orlando Hudson (35) - $8MM club option with a $2MM buyout

Maicer Izturis (32)

Kelly Johnson (31)

Adam Kennedy (37)

Jeff Keppinger (33)

Jose Lopez (29) has done fairly well subbing for CLE this year

Aaron Miles (36)

Freddy Sanchez (35)

Ryan Theriot (33)

Not many good options. Kelly Johnson would be a nice get, Izturis would be a good DP partner with Ramirez.

Keppinger has been a valuable performer for the Rays but not sure he's an everyday player at this stage in his career.

Edited by caulfield12