Steve9347

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)
Wow that was so much fail. I wanted a good bunt, not a f***ing pop up.

Doesn't make as much sense with Olmedo and Beckham coming up (compared to DeAza/Youk).

You'd trust Danks over Olmedo, but it's surely a sign he wasn't confident Jordan would do much besides K against Chen.

so im not saying this because he popped out right now, but olmedo has absolutely no business in the mlb.

our bench is horrendous right now. Olmedo, Flowers, Hudson, and Danks - ouch. hopefully something pops up over waivers

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 09:24 PM)
I don't blame Danks on that pop up, Danks bunting against a lefty is not the best option horrible managing mistake.

Any time a guy pops up a bunt, you blame the guy trying to lay down the bunt, unless he's a slugger who hasn't been asked to bunt since high school.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 01:25 AM)
so im not saying this because he popped out right now, but olmedo has absolutely no business in the mlb.

our bench is horrendous right now. Olmedo, Flowers, Hudson, and Danks - ouch. hopefully something pops up over waivers

Yeah, you can't be afraid to release Hudson due to chemistry reason. It's really unreal how terrible the bench has been all season for the Sox.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
Doesn't make as much sense with Olmedo and Beckham coming up (compared to DeAza/Youk).

You'd trust Danks over Olmedo, but it's surely a sign he wasn't confident Jordan would do much besides K against Chen.

I thought the idea of a bunt and non-K or infield pop up had a higher chance of scoring a run than relying on hits from Olmedo and Danks. I was wrong.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 01:26 AM)
I thought the idea of a bunt and non-K or infield pop up had a higher chance of scoring a run than relying on hits from Olmedo and Danks. I was wrong.

Danks had a terrible idea to bunt to the charging Hosmer with the slow runner on 2nd. If you bunt there, you have to go to 3rd.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
Yeah, you can't be afraid to release Hudson due to chemistry reason. It's really unreal how terrible the bench has been all season for the Sox.

long gone are the days when i had enough time to know who was on each teams bench, but i can't really imagine there are any benches that are much worse than ours in the league