Blue Jays vs White Sox 6:07 PM

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
So Peavy must hate throwing to AJ? Makes no sense to play Flowers against the tough righty and there are two lefties going during this series.

I would not be surprised if AJ and Peavy didn't like each other. The types of personalities they have, and the run in's they have had for the camera already just scream potential for conflict.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
I would not be surprised if AJ and Peavy didn't like each other. The types of personalities they have, and the run in's they have had for the camera already just scream potential for conflict.

Just would have rather seen Viciedo at DH and Wise in LF today, and then play Flowers against Laffey and Romero.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)

Or more simply, Flowers has been looking better lately and they want him to get regular at bats when they can... and DH'ing AJ gives him a partial break.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Or more simply, Flowers has been looking better lately and they want him to get regular at bats when they can... and DH'ing AJ gives him a partial break.

It could just as easily be that, though them not using a lefty off of the bench is peculiar.

I don't really care if they like each other to be honest, and IIRC Pierzynski has caught the majority of Peavy's starts anyways. If Konerko was healthy I would wager that Flowers wouldn't get the start tonite.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
It could just as easily be that, though them not using a lefty off of the bench is peculiar.

Especially with Romero and Laffey pitching this series. Heck, Henderson Alvarez is much easier for righties to hit than Villanueva is. However, hopefully Flowers stays hot and has some good at bats tonight.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
Quick game log search shows Flowers has caught the following starters this year:

- Peavy (7)

- Floyd (6)

- Humber/Q (4)

- Sale/Liriano/Axelrod (2)

- Hernandez (1)

And Peavy has 22 starts, so AJ has caught 15 of them.

I think Peavy isnt AJs biggest fan, but I dont think Flowers is his personal catcher

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 10:28 PM)
And Peavy has 22 starts, so AJ has caught 15 of them.

I think Peavy isnt AJs biggest fan, but I dont think Flowers is his personal catcher

Yeah, after looking at the numbers before, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that Flowers is Peavy's personal catcher.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
I'd call that next to meaningless. Vegas lines on individual baseball games are such a 51/49 thing, just by the nature of the game.

I don't call it meaningless. I do this for a living. Have been since 95. Vegas is banking on the Sox losing tonight. Trust me. They may be wrong, but I doubt it.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
I don't call it meaningless. I do this for a living. Have been since 95. Vegas is banking on the Sox losing tonight. Trust me. They may be wrong, but I doubt it.

That stat right there tells you why. 4-16 in their last 20 games in this park.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)
That stat right there tells you why. 4-16 in their last 20 games in this park.

Vegas was begging for Sox money. They opened up a short favorite with Peavy pitching, and with the majority of money coming in on the Sox the line went in reverse of what it should have gone.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 07:35 PM)
Peavy on the mound and a s***load of Manto praise on the broadcast. Double whammy. This has the makings of the Sox struggling to score.

Villaneuva's breaking ball has been flat filthy so far.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 11:36 PM)
Villaneuva's breaking ball has been flat filthy so far.

You have to hope he doesn't have command of it and try to get his pitch count up. I just keep shaking my head at Flowers being expected to hit him.