Konerko reinstated, Santiago recalled

Tdog32

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tdog32 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 04:48 AM)
Hector Santiago headed back to the bigs...

Interesting.

I'd guess the reason is one of the following...

1. Hudson DL/DFA

2. Olmedo back down

3. Beckham DL

4. Veal back down

5. Septimo back down

Then I figure Hector will be used to extend the rotation a day or spot start for Sale, Peavy or The Serpent.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 05:33 AM)
who drunkenly checkjs and posts on soxtalk at 6:30 in the morning. this guyl. hectory santiago is coming back up to strike ****** out and lead us straight to that world seriies. white sox what up.

LOL.

Thanks for the info TDog.

Edited by southsider2k5

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 05:33 AM)
who drunkenly checkjs and posts on soxtalk at 6:30 in the morning. this guyl. hectory santiago is coming back up to strike ****** out and lead us straight to that world seriies. white sox what up.

I'm jealous. I wish I was drunkenly checking at 6:30 AM, instead of checking from work.

Edited by southsider2k5

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 05:04 AM)
Interesting.

1. Hudson DL/DFA

2. Olmedo back down

3. Beckham DL

4. Veal back down

5. Septimo back down

Then I figure Hector will be used to extend the rotation a day or spot start for Sale, Peavy or The Serpent.

Yeah, this means the Sox are going to need to make two roster moves today, assuming PK is ready to go.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 07:39 AM)
Yeah, this means the Sox are going to need to make two roster moves today, assuming PK is ready to go.

I would assume Hudson to the DL is one of the moves. Kind of a bad move to DFA him right after a small injury.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 06:04 AM)
Interesting.

1. Hudson DL/DFA

2. Olmedo back down

3. Beckham DL

4. Veal back down

5. Septimo back down

Remember, Septimo would have to clear waivers to go back to Charlotte, and Septimo would be very unlikely to clear waivers.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 08:36 AM)
I wonder if its Thornton. When he left the game the other night, while he was coming out anyway, Hawk said AJ wanted Robin to come out before he actually came out to remove him. I wonder if he had something wrong with him.

I do remember Hawk saying that, but he never really mentioned anything else. If it is Thornton, I wonder who Soxtalk's new bullpen whipping boy will be? I rate Septimo as a 8-5 favorite.

If both Veal and Septimo have to be exposed to waivers, I'd try to keep both. Neither would make it through and there's potential for quality there both this year and down the line.

My guess is Olmedo goes because the Sox believe he'll pass waivers (or don't care if he's claimed) and then someone else hits the DL. Maybe Jones and Olmedo otherwise.

Santiago coming up does seem to indicate the loss of another lefty or a starter, but I can't see them just letting go of Veal or Septimo for nothing and I don't think anyone else is hurt. Hmm.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 11:05 AM)
If both Veal and Septimo have to be exposed to waivers, I'd try to keep both. Neither would make it through and there's potential for quality there both this year and down the line.

My guess is Olmedo goes because the Sox believe he'll pass waivers (or don't care if he's claimed) and then someone else hits the DL. Maybe Jones and Olmedo otherwise.

Santiago coming up does seem to indicate the loss of another lefty or a starter, but I can't see them just letting go of Veal or Septimo for nothing and I don't think anyone else is hurt. Hmm.

I don't think Veal has to be exposed to waivers to be sent down, but Septimo does.