White Sox winner?

Balta1701

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 06:49 AM)
Is Addison Reed really a closer? I don't know if his stuff is deceptive enough to make people swing and miss. Am I crazy or does he just throw it hard down the middle usually? He looks very hittable to me.

Aj called for nothing but fastballs which is why it looked that way, but his stuff is definitively good enough to be a top line closer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)
Aj called for nothing but fastballs which is why it looked that way, but his stuff is definitively good enough to be a top line closer.

Reed broke out the offspeed stuff to Montero after giving up the lead and made him look foolish.

The problem was that Reed simply wasn't ready. He'd probably checked out around inning 6 anyway and had no thoughts that he'd be needed until the call came to the bullpen in the 9th for him to get up, and before he had a chance to breathe he was on the mound.

I get why Ventura did it, but I'm not mad at either of them. Humber and Veal can't do that. They've got to be able to get 3 outs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 12:52 AM)
Did many fans leave in the top of the ninth or is that a Kansas City thing and a Dodgers thing?

Especially if the game seems out of reach, people will start departing around inning 8-9. Especially parents with kids. I don't think I complained about leaving ballgames early until I was about 10.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
Reed broke out the offspeed stuff to Montero after giving up the lead and made him look foolish.

The problem was that Reed simply wasn't ready. He'd probably checked out around inning 6 anyway and had no thoughts that he'd be needed until the call came to the bullpen in the 9th for him to get up, and before he had a chance to breathe he was on the mound.

I get why Ventura did it, but I'm not mad at either of them. Humber and Veal can't do that. They've got to be able to get 3 outs.

Yes, they need to get three outs but they need to be given a chance too. Playing the percentages kind of backfired. The offense stepped up and that was one wierd ending but in the end we WON and that's what matters. Very exciting

After a nights sleep on it, I'm excited. Hell of a comeback that proves this team has fight.

Let's face it, if the exact same thing happened to the Tigers, a lot of people here would be fellating them declaring this is when the run starts and crowing them champs.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)
After a nights sleep on it, I'm excited. Hell of a comeback that proves this team has fight.

Let's face it, if the exact same thing happened to the Tigers, a lot of people here would be fellating them declaring this is when the run starts and crowing them champs.

:huh:

I would have thought sweeping the team with the best record in the league after getting swept by the Royals would have proved that