8/25 Mariners at White Sox

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember when I got yelled at for saying at some point this was going to happen. Good times.

Well, really. I expect a blow up from him every time I see him, and am relieved every time he does good. Same with Addison Reed. Like Hawk was saying, a rookie is a rookie.

Hopefully Q shows some of his famous resiliency and mental strength

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
Well, really. I expect a blow up from him every time I see him, and am relieved every time he does good. Same with Addison Reed. Like Hawk was saying, a rookie is a rookie.

Hopefully Q shows some of his famous resiliency and mental strength

I did not expect that low 2 ERA to hold up.

Farmer and DJ throwing out the innings pitched rationale for his poor performance tonight.

Seems to be feeling the pennant race now, and struggling with his command, which has been his calling card for most of the season, pounding the strike zone and getting ahead of hitters.

Almost 30 pitches, numerous 3-2 counts...doesn't have the type of stuff to get K's like Liriano does. In a way, that's been Danks' problem as well since 2008.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
People just want to believe that we found a superstar.

Yeah I got told that if I couldnt see that he was a really good pitcher in the making then I was nuts.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
Finally reached the 3.00 ERA mark just now.

Pretty amazing he held it down in the 2's for almost his entire rookie season.

Now the big question is will he go Humber 2012...what will KW have in Quintana next year?

It depends on how he finishes. This pitching staff is going to have a new look next year.