8/25 Mariners at White Sox

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
What happened to his good change-up from earlier in the year? Everything seems 88 mph or faster now.

Fatigue, and it didn't take a genius to figure out him struggling with innings in the danger zone now. Seems the sox have been more careful with Sale than Q. Gotta get him some more time to rest as well.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 11:31 PM)
Finally.

42 pitches.

Still a game...for now. Audition time to replace Floyd/Quintana in the rotation for Humber and Hector.

Floyd better not lay another egg tomorrow.

I'd be stunned if they replace Floyd in the rotation this year. I don't want them to, as I don't think Santiago/Humber can give consistent innings the rest of the year. I'd rather take my chances on Floyd getting hot.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 11:32 PM)
Fatigue, and it didn't take a genius to figure out him struggling with innings in the danger zone now. Seems the sox have been more careful with Sale than Q. Gotta get him some more time to rest as well.

Totally agree, but what do they do with him the rest of the way?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 06:36 PM)
You know me, I'm the ultimate Sox homer

Its hard to give a guy a benefit of the doubt call when he doesnt know where the ball is going when it leaves his hand. Q was wild that inning. That's all.

Its hard to give a guy a benefit of the doubt call when he doesnt know where the ball is going when it leaves his hand. Q was wild that inning. That's all.

as long as that ball lands in the strike zone, what does it matter if the pitcher didn't know where it would end up?