HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY TO SOXTALK!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
I might be crazy but wasn't there a different Soxtalk board before the one we know now started up those 10 years ago. I seem to remember having to resign up once this board became official.

Unless we're both crazy, I think you're right because I remember the same thing. There was another board/site that we migrated from. Soxnet.net was somewhere in there. Can't remember if it was before or after the Soxtalk.com name was given to this board.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)
Unless we're both crazy, I think you're right because I remember the same thing. There was another board/site that we migrated from. Soxnet.net was somewhere in there. Can't remember if it was before or after the Soxtalk.com name was given to this board.

Yep there was absolutely another board. Some how during the transfer account order was reversed which is why Im the "14th" member, even though I joined later than some other people. For example, Chisoxfn is member 127.

The irony of being #14 and it being connected to Konerko now, is that my first post ever was about how I thought the Sox should trade Konerko for Russ Ortiz and sign D. Ortiz from Minnesota.

I dont exactly remember how I found this site. I was at school in Wisconsin and looking for some White Sox stuff online. I read the Whitesox.com message boards and some how ended up here. I stayed here because it was way better than those boards. Ive never read WSI in my life.

I will say after 10 years it is nice to be member 14.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 05:19 PM)
When I first started posting it was soxnet.net. Just Jason, Mario and a small cadre of regular posters.

I have no idea how I found Soxtalk. I know I didn't google "white sox message board" or anything. And none of my Sox friends are interested in message boards. Thanks for providing this service. I know it was great to be on here when we won it all in 2005. I remember watching the games and reading it at the same time. I don't even know if there were game threads back then. I've only been banned once for 2 weeks. I forget what I did to get banned, but it wasn't Ozzie related I don't think. Thanks to the owners for Soxtalk.com.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
I have no idea how I found Soxtalk. I know I didn't google "white sox message board" or anything. And none of my Sox friends are interested in message boards. Thanks for providing this service. I know it was great to be on here when we won it all in 2005. I remember watching the games and reading it at the same time. I don't even know if there were game threads back then. I've only been banned once for 2 weeks. I forget what I did to get banned, but it wasn't Ozzie related I don't think. Thanks to the owners for Soxtalk.com.

you did not get banned. you got suspended.