Our White Sox vs. Detroit p**** Cats 6:05 CSN

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 02:57 AM)
Wasn't me. Hell there have been a few games recently where Thornton has been pitching in the 8th and I'm screaming for Meyers even with nobody on. Personally I'd rather die with Meyers than Thornton.

That's because McLouth has destroyed Myers in his career and has been horrific vs LHP the last three years. I really wish Ventura unleashed Veal and used him in tough spots against lefty hitters.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't usually complain too much after a loss, but this was a terrible game. Everything was bad. We couldn't get runners in, we couldn't make pitches when we needed to. YUCK. Sometimes you just look bad. The only thing that really baffles me is why everyone capable of bunting didn't lay one down the third base line. Cabrera looked like he could barely walk (at least on defense). Keep doing it until they can defend it. Oh well, there's probably a reason, I'm typing on my computer right now and Robin is addressing the media, right:) That's all for me. GO SOX!

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2686869:date=Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:31 PM:name=Noonskadoodle)-->
QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
<!--quotec-->Tigers have just as many flaws as we do as a team.

And people are getting their panties in a bunch over us losing an all-around ugly game by both teams. Neither team deserved to win this one.

Also, I'm starting to get some 2005 vibes around here. Most people on Soxtalk had all but given up on the team that year when the Indians made their late run. I remember I had tried using "logic" to say we were still in good shape by showing everyone the obvious schedule advantage we had and I just got s*** on. Unforunately, pesisimism rules on this website.

Just curious how you were posting in 2005 when you joined in November 2008?? Not trying to be a smartass, I'm just wondering.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 08:55 PM)
That's the only pitch he's used effectively the last few months. Just seem like a lot of the pitchers on the roster are fatigued. I don't even know who's in the rotation anymore. Is Axelrod officially the 5th, or is Santiago facing the Twins? It's still surprising to me that KW didn't make a play for a starting pitcher during the waiver period. As flavum keeps saying, the Sox are one "low velocity start" for Sale away from having to scramble to fill a start or two.

I would imagine getting a starter was next to impossible without 4-5 teams blocking it. What is sad is some of the kids are out performing veterans. It's rare for a team to have two veteran starters out and still be in 1st.

I don't like Sale vs. Verlander. That's a lot of pressure on a rookie starter. I would prefer Liriano or Peavy- guys who are playing for a contract.

I think veteran presence still makes Detroit the favorite.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
Delmon's easily had his most success in the majors against the White Sox out of all teams. Good thing Ozzie taught him a lesson by having Garcia throw at him in his first AB.

From day one I was pissed that the Twins gave DET him for nothing, but they made it up with the Liriano trade.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
Just curious how you were posting in 2005 when you joined in November 2008?? Not trying to be a smartass, I'm just wondering.

Because the same dialogue exists on other Sox forums. In fact just about every sport forum in existence. You got your happy, happy, joy, joy, posters and your doom and gloom posters. When a team sucks the h.h.j.j. posters always attack the doom and gloom guys because they don't measure up as a fan to the unwritten fabled rules of the h.h.j.j posters. It''s easier to attack a fellow fan than punch Beckham in the nuts.

QUOTE (Harold @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
I don't usually complain too much after a loss, but this was a terrible game. Everything was bad. We couldn't get runners in, we couldn't make pitches when we needed to. YUCK. Sometimes you just look bad. The only thing that really baffles me is why everyone capable of bunting didn't lay one down the third base line. Cabrera looked like he could barely walk (at least on defense). Keep doing it until they can defend it. Oh well, there's probably a reason, I'm typing on my computer right now and Robin is addressing the media, right:) That's all for me. GO SOX!

Maybe Cabrera told them, "You bunt, I hit one out."

Because the same dialogue exists on other Sox forums. In fact just about every sport forum in existence. You got your happy, happy, joy, joy, posters and your doom and gloom posters. When a team sucks the h.h.j.j. posters always attack the doom and gloom guys because they don't measure up as a fan to the unwritten fabled rules of the h.h.j.j posters. It''s easier to attack a fellow fan than punch Beckham in the nuts.

ugh, tell me about it. It happens in every game thread now. The never ending battle between the optimists and the pessimists...NEVER ENDS

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 03:22 AM)
Sox picked a bad time to slump. Too many guys in that lineup who don't carry their weight (hi Gordon and Dayan!)

Everyone but Alexei seems to be slumping. Youk's 0 for his last 12, Wise has cooled off big time and PK/Dunn struggling like crazy to get an extra base hit. Like you said, bad time to slump especially facing Max and Verlander the next two games. I never thought I'd say this, but I hope Olmedo gets the start tomorrow vs Scherzer (Max dominates righties).

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
Everyone but Alexei seems to be slumping. Youk's 0 for his last 12, Wise has cooled off big time and PK/Dunn struggling like crazy to get an extra base hit. Like you said, bad time to slump especially facing Max and Verlander the next two games. I never thought I'd say this, but I hope Olmedo gets the start tomorrow vs Scherzer (Max dominates righties).

I wouldn't mind if Dunn gets traded back the NL. Robin needs to mess with the batting order.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)

Shoot. I know that. I quit WSI in early 2005 because they seemed to want everyone to be h.h.j.j. posters. I got into an argument with the mods and quit. I guess you didn't understand my question. He alluded to the fact that he was warning everyone on Soxtalk to not panic in 2005 but his personal info sh*t says that he joined Soxtalk in 2008. It just puzzled me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)

And we could really use DeAza back.

Against LHP, and because he's seemed to be one of the few guys who's played well against the Tigers.

After we didn't break the game open against Fister there, you just knew it was going to be a long night. At least the Thornton implosion came early so we could save 45 minutes of our lives and not have it be the agony of a blown lead in the 8th.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
Shoot. I know that. I quit WSI in early 2005 because they seemed to want everyone to be h.h.j.j. posters. I got into an argument with the mods and quit. I guess you didn't understand my question. He alluded to the fact that he was warning everyone on Soxtalk to not panic in 2005 but his personal info sh*t says that he joined Soxtalk in 2008. It just puzzled me.

Ah..you were one of the "dark cloud" fans. I use to laugh when people would place that photo of storm clouds over the cell. 2005 would be a reason to panic of there was no wild card.

WSI is just as negative as here. I think they've over modded that place to where it is no longer interesting. If you look at this site, there is more intelligent baseball discussion on the first page.

There is a mod there I have a lot of respect for. He is more on the doom and gloom side but he backs it up with stats.

I get really tired of the h.h.j.j. people attacking the dark clouds. I only seen one do this tonight. It's OK if you can back it up with a stat other than "you sound like a retarded Tiger's fan" or something of that sort.

If people say history is a great teacher, shouldn't Sox fans panic? How many post ASB meltdowns have we seen in this century? IF someone told you the Sox would be World Champions without Maggs or Hurt would you believe it? No. 2005 was different. You had so many new players who didn't know the Sox were the Twin's b****. Eventually they bought into it.

This year is so different because of the youth factor. The 2 best starters are kids.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:48 PM)
And we could really use DeAza back.

Against LHP, and because he's seemed to be one of the few guys who's played well against the Tigers.

After we didn't break the game open against Fister there, you just knew it was going to be a long night. At least the Thornton implosion came early so we could save 45 minutes of our lives and not have it be the agony of a blown lead in the 8th.

Thornton should have been put on waivers two weeks ago.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 12:21 AM)
You a Rice guy?

Yes. Rice got mauled by Marist tonight. Cut it to 14 late but it was a massacre I'm assuming Marist had all the subs in on defense when Rice dominated the 4th. Marist must be legit this year. Rice's defense isn't too good.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 12:56 AM)
I'll tell you what, I hated Wise when Ozzie made him our leadoff a few years back, but I've been impressed with him this year. He's a very solid 4th OF.

Me too, but he's playing too much. We need DeAza back.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 01:52 AM)
I think most people deep down knew we're getting swept this weekend. We can't beat the tigers in Detroit right now. That's just the truth. We can still win this, however, after being tied for the division lead on Sept 3.

I thought with a 3 game lead we just might win tonight. I thought we were playing with house's money in just one game in the series, the first one. Sox pissed the game away in not scoring with the bases loaded nobody out early. That was the game and that was the house's money gone. I guess there's a remote chance we could win one of three, but I don't expect that to happen. I'd say a 15 percent chance of winning one game. It actually would be huge to get just the one.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 02:02 AM)
I'm not being Debbie downer, just realistic. We can't bet these guys in Detroit. Just like we can't beat KC in KC. This Detroit club is very beatable however. We just need to do our business after being tied for the lead after this weekend is over.

Amen brotha. Like you said we have to hope the Sox can battle back after Detroit once again owns us head to head in Motown.