Game Thread, No More "Silly Walks" Edition

cabiness42

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 02:13 AM)
seriously, play Olmedo tomorrow...Alexei doesn't deserve to be starting if he can't get his head out of his --- with only two weeks left to go in the season, and every game critical/crucial

Stop suggesting Olmedo play. Benching Alexei to send a message already cost the Sox one game this year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 02:15 AM)
WHERE THE F--- WOULD ALEXEI POSSIBLY BE GOING THERE?

THAT'S JUST AS BAD AS WISE'S PLAY...except for the fact it wasn't a one run deficit or tie game there.

That play is just as much on McEwing/Sox coaching staff having Alexei aware that Perez likes to do that. His good jump on Wise's grounder earlier in the game allowed him to score.

He was...until recently.

Seriously, play Beckham at SS for one game, just to make a point to Ramirez.

Maybe against Jered Weaver Sunday, where it wouldn't matter if he was in the line-up or not.

lol, weren't you JUST giving me a hard time for suggesting that we bench a player for 1 game to send a message? Now you're singing my tune.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)
Stop suggesting Olmedo play. Benching Alexei to send a message already cost the Sox one game this year.

I'm only 50% joking.

But it sucks we don't have a competent back-up infielder that won't hurt the team in these situations...where a clear message needs to be sent to a player to wake up.

If we win the game, it's not going to matter. However, how are the players ever going to learn...they'll just end up doing the same thing in the playoffs.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 02:21 AM)
I'm only 50% joking.

But it sucks we don't have a competent back-up infielder that won't hurt the team in these situations...where a clear message needs to be sent to a player to wake up.

If we win the game, it's not going to matter. However, how are the players ever going to learn...they'll just end up doing the same thing in the playoffs.

It's on Ventura to tell them to be more disciplined on the bases. As bad as the base running has been, it's still the awful hitting with RISP that is the most alarming trend.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)
lol, weren't you JUST giving me a hard time for suggesting that we bench a player for 1 game to send a message? Now you're singing my tune.

The Wise and Ramirez baserunning errors, those are mental.

Viciedo taking his eye off the ball in an unfamiliar stadium as he was close to running into the wall/scoreboard, that's a physical error.

90 pitches for Guthrie.

Still waiting for the big crooked number against Francisco. Or has he figured out things again and he will end up being our #2 or #3 starter in the playoffs?

If he's ON, he's better than Peavy, because his stuff is more electric.

But he's a LOT more likely to blow up and give up 5-6-7 runs in a game than Jake, who will usually give you 5-6-7 IP and 2-3-4 earned runs these last couple of months.