Rick Hahn the new GM

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 11:37 AM)
Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox

Hahn: "We won the World Series with a $75 million payroll and right now we have enough to win...a nine-figure payroll is enough to win."

Is there a team with a ten-figure payroll I don't know about? :huh

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
I don't see that as being very likely. Hahn would certainly have gotten a GM job somewhere else within the next year or two. I don't think giving him the title of GM without the power is going to keep him from pursuing those other jobs. It seems from what has been said publicly that KW is going to be taking over a lot of duties from JR, so he isn't going to have time to be puppetmaster on top of that.

The biggest issue during the news confernce was whether Hahn, who served under Williams for 12 seasons, would have final say on all baseball matters, including trades.

"It's Rick's decision until it's not," Williams said. "When it's not, we'll have to hammer it out."

Not a big fan of this quote basically says KW will have MAJOR say on every move.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 12:38 PM)
The biggest issue during the news confernce was whether Hahn, who served under Williams for 12 seasons, would have final say on all baseball matters, including trades.

"It's Rick's decision until it's not," Williams said. "When it's not, we'll have to hammer it out."

Not a big fan of this quote basically says KW will have MAJOR say on every move.

Just like every other team, EVERY GM reports to a President/Owner when it comes to moves.

KW will have input, but it's more going to be looking out for the future of the team (financials, etc).

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 12:38 PM)

I watched it and I actually felt KW's tone was very much that the reins are in Hahn's hands now.

As the poster above me said, they will watch over him just like any other business always has someone that is higher. But it seemed to me that Hahn is now the very much in charge of decisions.

I loved the emphasis he put on continued spending on the draft/international, and by the sound of it, they are looking to add from last years team.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 12:40 PM)
Just like every other team, EVERY GM reports to a President/Owner when it comes to moves.

KW will have input, but it's more going to be looking out for the future of the team (financials, etc).

Report to JR is fine............KW once Schuler left got to put his stamp on the team with KW around this is not going to happen for Hahn.

Edited by Soxfest