Should the Sox have interest in Ackley?

Big Hurt35

QUOTE (Sox1 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
Mark Gonzalez wrote on sunday, that the Sox were looking at a left handed hitter thats plays on the right side of the infield for the Mariners.

How about Beckham for Ackley?

It was a total guess by Gonzalez

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12...ox-jordan-danks

The Sox are looking for a left-handed hitter and a late-inning reliever. Seattle has been adamant about not trading Hernandez, but my sense is that the Sox were looking at one of their left-handed hitters on the right side of the infield as well as a young arm

Nothing concrete there. And I doubt they would just flip Ackley after his first full year

At this point I'm going down with the Beckham ship if that's what ends up happening. I'd rather just see it out to the end, even if it means getting nothing for him. I still think he can pull it together, and yes, I'm aware that he's had ample time to do it. One way or another, at least you can be happy about his glove...

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
Ackley is their Beckham, that's for sure.

I doubt they'll trade him unless it's for a proven offensive player.

Except he's two years younger and has 1.5 seasons under his belt instead of 3.5 seasons under his belt.

There's still hope for Ackley - unlike Beckham.

Except he's two years younger and has 1.5 seasons under his belt instead of 3.5 seasons under his belt.

There's still hope for Ackley - unlike Beckham.

IMHO, Ackley will never be the fielder that Beckham is, nor will he ever hit as many HRs as Beckham does (will). That said, the Sox are too right-handed, and can definitely use Ackley's bat in the lineup. I would make this deal, especially if the Sox don't re-sign Pierzynski.

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)
IMHO, Ackley will never be the fielder that Beckham is, nor will he ever hit as many HRs as Beckham does (will). That said, the Sox are too right-handed, and can definitely use Ackley's bat in the lineup. I would make this deal, especially if the Sox don't re-sign Pierzynski.

We would all make this deal -- no one for Seattle would even entertain that phone call.