2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 20, 2013 -> 09:06 AM)
So the finale of GOT will be

The Red Wedding and what else?

Episode 9 is the Red Wedding. 10 will probably be Arya finding Cat while warging into Nymeria and Thoros bringing her back to life. I bet it ends with the Wildings showing up at the wall.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 20, 2013 -> 02:06 PM)
So the finale of GOT will be

The Red Wedding and what else?

The wall-climbing Wildling crew attacks Castle Black.

Not sure what else they can fit in. There's only 2 episodes left. Season 4 is going to be absolutely loaded.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 20, 2013 -> 03:30 PM)

And the leech scene (which never really existed in the books, specifically nothing with Gendry) kind of foreshadowed the demise of the current kings.

That was in the books. They just changed

Edric Storm into Gendry, which was a good change

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 20, 2013 -> 03:33 PM)

I think they have to give some hope for the fans that are really pulling for the Starks. It would be a good cliffhanger to end the season.

I think the opposite is true.

Cat is awful and her death is a better moment than her becoming a b****y zombie. Between Jon Snow leading the victory at Castle Black and Dany making gains, there's enough positive for protagonists at the end here.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 20, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
Right. That was all unnecessary in the big picture though. Why add extra characters if the ones you've got can handle it?

I wasnt a big fan of Melissandre meeting Thoros, Beric and Arya in the Riverlands. It was just such a tangent.

I hope they kill off Balon this season. They might do it next episode to throw people off the Red Wedding. That way they can start off next season with the King's Moot. The first episode should introduce the Red Viper and the King's Moot. Have the Purple Wedding early and focus on Tyrion's trial.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 20, 2013 -> 03:47 PM)

I wasnt a big fan of Melissandre meeting Thoros, Beric and Arya in the Riverlands. It was just such a tangent.

I liked that it provided some good background info on Thoros: his mission to Westeros, his lack of faith and how different he is than Mel, then his faith being renewed when he lost his friend and prayed over his body.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 20, 2013 -> 09:51 AM)

I liked that it provided some good background info on Thoros: his mission to Westeros, his lack of faith and how different he is than Mel, then his faith being renewed when he lost his friend and prayed over his body.

The Arya/Melisandre scene was great. There was good foreshadowing there. Thoros is so much better in the show than the books too. I love every scene with him. It also showed some vulnerability to Melisandre, which is good IMO.