2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 08:03 AM)

Are you referencing a Martell? One of the Greyjoys? Faegon/JonCon?

Personally a big fan of Quentyn Martell. I'm interested to see how they portray Euron. Connington is also a really intriguing character with his history.

Overall, Martin may kill off characters but he brings in a lot of new, interesting ones.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 09:37 AM)

Personally a big fan of Quentyn Martell. I'm interested to see how they portray Euron. Connington is also a really intriguing character with his history.

Overall, Martin may kill off characters but he brings in a lot of new, interesting ones.

I love JonCon. Quentyn actually annoyed me quite a bit. I like much of the rest of the Martells, although I'm kind of worried a lot of them are going to be cut from the show. I'm very interested to see how Euron & Victarion fit in to the story though

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 09:45 PM)
I love this season. One of the stronger ones IMO.

You think? I keep seeing all of the old clips during the commercials and think "man, that's when the show was great." I feel like this season has been a big retread on a lot of themes/plot lines we've already been through.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
You think? I keep seeing all of the old clips during the commercials and think "man, that's when the show was great." I feel like this season has been a big retread on a lot of themes/plot lines we've already been through.

This season has been awesome.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 12:20 PM)

Nah, I LOVE Arya's story. I cant wait to see how she factors in.

I love the premise of her story line, wasn't a huge fan of how Martin wrote it. I cant peg a single reason on why, I just thought it would be more interesting. Maybe it's because Martin went for the realism factor which includes a ton of her training which is fairly boring imo.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 01:01 PM)

I love the premise of her story line, wasn't a huge fan of how Martin wrote it. I cant peg a single reason on why, I just thought it would be more interesting. Maybe it's because Martin went for the realism factor which includes a ton of her training which is fairly boring imo.

My theory is that the "darkness" in her is going to pay off in alot of high level assassinations. My ultimate theory is that she comes back around and kills every single person that is left from her nightly prayer

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 01:01 PM)

Agreed. I think he's slow playing it because he doesn't know what to do with her yet. Ultimately the series is going to come down to Dany and John ruling the world together, right, with nearly everyone else dead? That's really the only possibly end game.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 01:56 PM)

Agreed. I think he's slow playing it because he doesn't know what to do with her yet. Ultimately the series is going to come down to Dany and John ruling the world together, right, with nearly everyone else dead? That's really the only possibly end game.

That's just too obvious. I feel like Martin wants to come up with some crazy scenario that nobody will have considered.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 02:11 PM)
That's just too obvious. I feel like Martin wants to come up with some crazy scenario that nobody will have considered.

Plus, Jon was hurt and/or killed at the end of A Dance with Dragons. Not sure which direction Martin will go with there, does Melissandre save him? Is Stannis actually dead? (which is ok with me, as I think Melissandre misread the fires anyways and Azor Azhai or however you spell it is actually Aegon/Dany).

I can't wait for the continued Greyjoy storyline, it's all pretty intriguing with a great mix of characters (Asha, Victarion, Damphair, and Euron), and I'm interested to see how they kill off Balon since he hasn't been mentioned in a long time).

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 02:11 PM)

True. It'll be something like Rickon bedding Arya in a weird Starks-become-Lannisters twist.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)

Plus, Jon was hurt and/or killed at the end of A Dance with Dragons. Not sure which direction Martin will go with there, does Melissandre save him? Is Stannis actually dead? (which is ok with me, as I think Melissandre misread the fires anyways and Azor Azhai or however you spell it is actually Aegon/Dany).

I can't wait for the continued Greyjoy storyline, it's all pretty intriguing with a great mix of characters (Asha, Victarion, Damphair, and Euron), and I'm interested to see how they kill off Balon since he hasn't been mentioned in a long time).

Isn't he dead? Wasn't that the purpose of the meeting of the clans? I thought he fell off some walkway or something.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 02:39 PM)

Isn't he dead? Wasn't that the purpose of the meeting of the clans? I thought he fell off some walkway or something.

He will die, unless I'm just totally drawing a blank he hasn't been killed in the show yet (or referenced to).

I think that will come in the next episode, fulfilling Stannis' kill the usurpers ritual.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)

He will die, unless I'm just totally drawing a blank he hasn't been killed in the show yet (or referenced to).

I think that will come in the next episode, fulfilling Stannis' kill the usurpers ritual.

Yes thats the plan since he falls off a bridge and dies.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)

If he wasn't killed this past episode, which I will be watching for the 1st time tonight, then he is still alive on the show. Even in the books though, his death was really just mentioned and never really described in any detail.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:00 PM)

If he wasn't killed this past episode, which I will be watching for the 1st time tonight, then he is still alive on the show. Even in the books though, his death was really just mentioned and never really described in any detail.

Which is more of why I'm curious, as the show has kept the Greyjoy story line alive a bit with Theon, so II'm wondering if they change the importance of it to transition into the full fledged Greyjoy storyline.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)

Which is more of why I'm curious, as the show has kept the Greyjoy story line alive a bit with Theon, so II'm wondering if they change the importance of it to transition into the full fledged Greyjoy storyline.

Well we see Asha in the preview for next week. My guess is because we either see or hear of Balon's death and the groundwork gets laid to introduce the rest of the Greyjoys next season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 03:10 PM)
Seriously, I see no reason why the GoT book talk can't go in another thread or in the book thread. These items are separate. If it needs spoilers, it doesn't belong in the thread regarding the TV version of GoT.

But it's very much in relation of talk of where the show may go, it's not strictly book talk this time.

Yeah I dont even look at any of those comments cause Im not sure if its a TV spoiler or book spoiler. Im caught up on TV, but obviously dont want to glean anything from the spoilers.

(edit)

But if you are discussing where the tv show is going to go and have read the book you have insight that a tv person would not.

IE If in the first season I was saying "Ned is going to be King" after the 1st episode, people who read the book would have said....

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
Seriously, I see no reason why the GoT book talk can't go in another thread or in the book thread. These items are separate. If it needs spoilers, it doesn't belong in the thread regarding the TV version of GoT.

False. They are very often related. Same thing happens/happened with the Walking Dead. Just don't read them.