Alex Rodriguez...Yes or No

ZionrulZ

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see what the investigation comes up with. Has anyone ever seen ARod and this guy together or is the evidence just some notes?

And we have no idea what type of condition ARod would be in after he rehabs from this surgery.

If he ultimately is proven to be guilty here, and the Yankees are able to void his contract, I doubt ARod would play again.

Edited by Dick Allen

I'd like to see what the investigation comes up with. Has anyone ever seen ARod and this guy together or is the evidence just some notes?

And we have no idea what type of condition ARod would be in after he rehabs from this surgery.

If he ultimately is proven to be guilty here, and the Yankees are able to void his contract, I doubt ARod would play again.

If he is able to play, somebody will pay him to do so, IMO.

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)
If he is able to play, somebody will pay him to do so, IMO.

Probably, but not a whole lot, considering his age, his decline and the blemishes. ARod has already banked a ridiculous amount of money. Paying him a couple of million probably isn't enough for him to face all the abuse he would receive on a daily basis.

The only reason for him to play would be for records and glory, and we have seen how those are pretty much tossed aside for busted and heavily suspected PED users. This report, even if there is no truth in it, probably cost ARod at least first ballot HOF status if not much more.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 03:33 PM)
He's probably not going to be playing until the pennant stretch. At that point, maybe for the minimum, but that would be it. That is assuming he isn't suspended.

and also assuming his contract is voided. and assuming that he doesnt need extensive time on a rehab stint to get him back into playing form.

Basically, if you are waiting for A Rod to save your season, you are f***ed

You do know that ARod is most likely missing the season, right? August at the earliest

Absolutely. I'm pretty sure that he's not playing at all in 2013. What I'm getting at is, if we give Keppinger a full season to see if he can be a useful every day player, and we give Gordo one more season to see if he still sucks, and it turns out that we need to "replace" one or both of them....

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
2012 Arod was something like 200 OPS points better than our combined 3B play last year.

Jeff Keppinger's 2012 OPS was about 25 points higher than A-Rod's.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
Absolutely. I'm pretty sure that he's not playing at all in 2013. What I'm getting at is, if we give Keppinger a full season to see if he can be a useful every day player, and we give Gordo one more season to see if he still sucks, and it turns out that we need to "replace" one or both of them....

So you want to sign a guy who would have been away from the game for a year who would turn 38 halfway through the year? He might not be putting up a .750 OPS at that point, and he'd likely get hurt again anyways.

In no way, shape, or form is ARod worth the headache ever.

QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)

Replacing them with a 38 year old once busted recently accused again and breaking down player coming off multiple injury years is not really the best plan.