2013 AL Central Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

s***'s On....

"You have to step up and say something," Dotel told Yahoo! Sports. "Miggy's more about his game. I don't see him as a leader."

Not a big surprise that Miggy is a "me first" piece of s*** kinda player really* (I mean, he plays in Detroit -- you were expecting class)

Glad they got their asses swept.

*Want him hitting third for the Sox? Of course I would.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
hmm, when I read this excerpt i assumed Dotel was no longer a Tiger.

After I read it, I am now assuming he will no longer be a Tiger after Spring Training

Hopefully he adds a record 14th team to his resume.

"You have to step up and say something," Dotel told Yahoo! Sports. "Miggy's more about his game. I don't see him as a leader."

I did not read this as Cabrera is a selfish team mate and only cares about himself. He may be, I don't know him. I read this as Dotel thinking that Cabrera doesn't have the leadership mentality that other players might have. I'm thinking of someone like Frank Thomas who many thought was a bad team mate and only cared about himself.

For all we know Cabrera may be a pretty good team mate, just not a "leader of men".

Edited by balfanman

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 22, 2013 -> 02:22 PM)
Verlander wants to become first $200 mill pitcher

Personally, I hope the Tigers sign him up for it this year. That will be an incredibly expensive and old team in about 5 years. I can wait that long.

I think he'll be like Clemens and RJ, throwing strong at 40. He's just got such an easy delivery. Someone will pay him 200 for sure and I'm with you, please let it be Detroit.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 6, 2013 -> 11:08 PM)
I think he'll be like Clemens and RJ, throwing strong at 40. He's just got such an easy delivery. Someone will pay him 200 for sure and I'm with you, please let it be Detroit.

Who is RJ?

Clemens was roided up like crazy just to stay healthy. He still got hurt some, like in the world series.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 09:29 AM)
Interesting. He has had some big moments for them. Always started big and faded, but IIRC he hit a pretty big homerun against Sale late last year

Remember when Brennan Boesch was hitting .340 in 2010 and then fell off the face of the earth? I saw that one coming from miles away.