Sox vs baby bears ST game thread- Ides of March

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
Cheers fellas, probably a Spring Training thing alright. 27 pitches for Floyd - 27 strikes.

Did he actually throw that or did Gameday just report that? Sometimes they don't even report the accurate pitch count in the spring.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 03:23 PM)
Did he actually throw that or did Gameday just report that? Sometimes they don't even report the accurate pitch count in the spring.

Just what Gameday is saying but it's logging balls from the Cubs so it seems legit. Perhaps someone watching can confirm.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)
Boy I really hope he keeps that RC field approach.

I agree. I think that the Sox staff has been trying to stress to hit it to the opposite field to everyone...even Dunn. Dunn at least talked about going with the pitch more. I believe Alexei mentioned it as well.

That is the only way they will improve their averages and OBP...hitting to ALL fields.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
I agree. I think that the Sox staff has been trying to stress to hit it to the opposite field to everyone...even Dunn. Dunn at least talked about going with the pitch more. I believe Alexei mentioned it as well.

That is the only way they will improve their averages and OBP...hitting to ALL fields.

Easier said than done though.

Ted Williams frozen brain says bulls***

Some guys have that swing though. Dayan is best when he is doing it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 05:13 PM)
well, when pitchers arent busting him inside

To be able to do that to outside pitches he has to be able to lay off the inside stuff (particularly high and inside) or be able to turn on it.

Being able to lay off it is something he'll just have to learn. Being able to turn on it...that timing mechanism might help with that.

Hitting with power to Right field is not something that Chicago Vice just put into his repertoire.

He did it many times last season. I did not check the stats but I would not be surprised if half of his home runs went to Right or Right Center last season. It seems that way from memory.

We all know his areas of weakness at the plate and Hawk and Stone have discussed it on-air

many times. I agree with their suggestion that Viciedo move up in the batters box

or even move a bit closer to the plate.

QUOTE (southside_hitman @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 11:58 AM)
Hitting with power to Right field is not something that Chicago Vice just put into his repertoire.

He did it many times last season. I did not check the stats but I would not be surprised if half of his home runs went to Right or Right Center last season. It seems that way from memory.

We all know his areas of weakness at the plate and Hawk and Stone have discussed it on-air

many times. I agree with their suggestion that Viciedo move up in the batters box

or even move a bit closer to the plate.

Viciedo has so much trouble with the inside pitch, particularly the up and in pitch, that moving up in the batters box or moving closer to the plate would seemingly make things worse rather than better.

Moving closer to the plate would let him cover the outside pitch, but he already covers that pitch. He'd be tying himself up even worse.