Peavy Out

Dick Allen

Testing his back does not sound very good. As we all know, back pain is pretty s***ty. I mean if he's got back spams at any point in a game or warming up, couldn't the discomfort hit him hard??

ptatc?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2013 -> 11:16 AM)
Testing his back does not sound very good. As we all know, back pain is pretty s***ty. I mean if he's got back spams at any point in a game or warming up, couldn't the discomfort hit him hard??

ptatc?

This is standard. This is exactly like a player going on a rehab assignment to the minors. If you read anything more into it than that, then you are thinking about this way too much.

Say you sprain your ankle, and 3 days later it feels better. Are you going to jog 3 miles on that ankle right away, or do you want to maybe do some light running initially to see how it feels?

CAN’T BLOCK A TRADE, DOESN’T WANT TO

White Sox right-hander Jake Peavy had a full no-trade clause from 2008 to ’10 and a partial no-trade in ’11 and ’12. His new contract, however, does not include any no-trade protection.

WHAT'S THE DEAL?

Follow the latest baseball moves with our transaction tracker.

Peavy says he didn’t want any.

“I told (GM) Rick Hahn that if he didn’t trade me before spring training was over, that was good enough for me,” Peavy says.

Peavy, who turns 32 on May 31, agreed to a two-year, $29 million extension last Oct. 31. He says he wouldn’t mind being traded if it meant going to a team with a better chance of winning the World Series.

“I’ve got one agenda left in baseball, and that’s to be a champion,” Peavy says. “Going into free agency, I wanted to go somewhere where you’re wanted, where you’re part of a team where the goal is to win. I know every team says that is their goal, but you truly have to look at the front office and see if that is played out to the fullest.

“Me getting traded would mean to me that our team isn’t where it needs to be. If we were in contention to win a championship, I would feel like I would be a part of that going forward.

“I will go play anywhere to win. If you’re getting traded and somebody is taking you on, they’re taking you on to get to the playoffs and win it. I have no problems with having a no-trade.”

Peavy, who returns to the mound against the Mets on Wednesday night after missing one start due to back spasms, is 3-1 with a 3.38 ERA.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/manny-m...ung-star-050713

Edited by Knuckles