Game Thread 5/22: BOS @ SOX

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 22, 2013 -> 09:20 PM)
He almost certainly screwballs his changeup like a lot of guys do, considering its movement, but yeah. If something is hurting, probably elbow. If just general exertion is the issue, then he might be happy to just let off the gas on his changeups and achieve the desired effect

I hadn't really thought about the exertion thing. Maybe he's just worn out. He's as flat as I've ever seen him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2013 -> 09:22 PM)
Omogrosso not fooling anyone. He doesn't really have any plus pitches. Big batter in this game here for him.

Only one of those balls was hit hard plus Ellsbury's was solid but just a seeing-eye single

QUOTE (Jake @ May 22, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)
We are really overreacting to the potential risk of starting Santiago today. It is sub-optimal, but really not a big deal. Those side sessions are typically thrown at a very low intensity. You wouldn't develop any soreness, for instance. Some guys won't even throw them from a mound.

Actually from what I read he said he was cutting it loose it the BP session.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2013 -> 03:27 AM)
Gillaspie sliding a little bit and Keppinger waking up is coming at the right time with Beckham returning.

Gillaspie has the Rios thing going where if it's hit in the air to the opposite field, it's pretty much an automatic out.