Angel Sanchez Appreciation Thread

fathom

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ May 23, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Every time I see Casper Wells I go, "That guy's on our team?" And I know he's on our team, it's just that I don't care so powerfully that I forget to not be surprised.

I have the same reaction. One of the most forgettable Sox players ever, and that's saying something in a thread about Angel Sanchez. I at least always remembered Sanchez was on the roster. Wells did have that cool catch the other night, so he is making an effort to make himself remotely memorable.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 23, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
He never reminded me of Norberto Martin or D'Angelo Jimenez (still playing for Newark Bears allegedly) or Tony Graffanino.

What about Grebeck, Pablo Ozuna or Eduardo Escobar?

Still think of him as Gaffe-anino because of errors he made for the Sox against the Cubs and a big one in the 2005 Division series.

Edited by caulfield12

One thing that this thread makes me think about is how the local Seattle beat writers had that national hissy fit over the Mariners waiving Casper the friendly ghost and going with the ghost of Jason Bay instead. Anyone who thinks it's a good idea to tear everything down Cubbie/Mariner style should remember that. As annoying as non-winning seasons are, imagine what it would be like if things were so bad here that such an event became one of the biggest baseball stories of the young season, and just imagine what it would be like to be so infuriated at the thought of losing such a s***ty baseball player. That's Mariners baseball and I hope that never happens here again.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 24, 2013 -> 08:17 AM)
Vegemite. f***ing Australians

Everything about Australia is great save for that. People always talk about all the posionous snakes & spiders, the jellyfish, the rays, the man-eating salties, etc. but the one thing that will kill you faster than any of that is a teaspoonful of vegemite on a cracker.