SOX DRAFT PICKS 2013

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
Baseball America shows us as signing Nick Parent, 1Bman. Son of our bench coach??

I would like to see a draft where Sox not taking someone's kid in management/coaching staff.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 12:12 PM)
Every team does this stuff. The Dbacks drafted a paralyzed kid.

Yes they do, it is not a Sox-specific thing. But I have to say, I don't like it either. Not that it matters much at the 38th round pick.

The only one that really got me pissed off was drafted KW Jr, in the 6th f***ing round, when he wasn't even on the board for other teams. That was just insulting to a lot of people.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 12:03 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 28m

White Sox' first 10 draft picks in the fold, sources say.

Saw that. If they got Michalczewski too, that is big. Hopefully after that top 10 are signed, and the others are offered those lower contracts they are likely to get, hopefully they will have some cash to throw at Octavio. If they could somehow get him too, along with the high end guys and Michalczewski, that would be a huge success.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 12:20 PM)
Saw that. If they got Michalczewski too, that is big. Hopefully after that top 10 are signed, and the others are offered those lower contracts they are likely to get, hopefully they will have some cash to throw at Octavio. If they could somehow get him too, along with the high end guys and Michalczewski, that would be a huge success.

With Anderson looking to be at slot value, if the Sox are going to save money for other players, it will probably have to be with May.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 12:03 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 28m

White Sox' first 10 draft picks in the fold, sources say.

Wait, so that means Trey Michalczewski is going to sign?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
Yes they do, it is not a Sox-specific thing. But I have to say, I don't like it either. Not that it matters much at the 38th round pick.

The only one that really got me pissed off was drafted KW Jr, in the 6th f***ing round, when he wasn't even on the board for other teams. That was just insulting to a lot of people.

That is why I made the statement that I made. Sox do this way too much.

Edited by Soxfest

I don't care if Nick Parent gets drafted in the 38th round. It costs us no money and we have to fill out those rookie rosters anyway. One of the positives of having Oney around way back when was they could move him up and down when there were injuries and/or sit him on the bench at whatever level needed an extra body without caring, since he wasn't a real prospect. So imagine that, but the kid isn't a dickhead.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 01:22 PM)
Wait, so that means Trey Michalczewski is going to sign?

ALL I KNOW IS THERE NEEDS TO BE A CHANGE IN MANAGEMENT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE 200TH RANKED PROSPECT IN THE THIRD ROUND THERE'S NO POSSIBLE BENEFIT WHATSOEVER.

White Sox agreed to terms with first-round pick SS Tim Anderson.

Jim Callis of Baseball America reports that Anderson will receive a $2.164 million bonus, which is the exact slot recommendation assigned to the 17th overall pick. The 19-year-old is known for his speed and may end up in center field in the long-term.

Per Rotoworld

It's done