Game Thread 6/14: SOX @ HOU

cabiness42

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 02:48 AM)
So does Robin pinch hit at all this inning ?

Should be Gillaspie and Danks for Kepp and Wells

Gillaspie does not have much power anywhere else but directly to RF.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)
Flowers missed that last pitch by a foot. Continues to be just about the worst late inning hitter I've ever seen. Brutal loss, two straight games where Alexei's defense cost the Sox the game.

Sale didn't deserve this.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
I can't believe they're in a situation where he has to bat against a RHP closer.

This team is just ugly. It makes you wonder how much a team will take on a certain personality one year and how much it changes from year to year. I am sure Robin is preaching defense just as much as last year. This team just cannot catch the ball and you wonder really if it has anything to do with the manager when this stuff happens.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 10:14 PM)
This team looked like they were obsessed with the short porch in LF tonight. But yes, I agree they're content in losing.

I think thats rather silly....defeated maybe. Content with it...I dont think so. Being content with it could cost them money(aka a job).

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 03:14 AM)
This team looked like they were obsessed with the short porch in LF tonight. But yes, I agree they're content in losing.

I don't know about that. Our team looked content in losing a lot last season despite finishing way over .500. And it looked dead during some of Oz's winning seasons. I think when you can't hit, simply cannot hit the ball for s***, and are horrible defensively, you look flat. Of course you could counter this by saying they are content to not hit and not concentrate in the field. If our guys played like this last year, Robin would be catching some flak probably. I think because of the success last year, most people blame the lazy millionaire players and young ones like Viciedo who swing at everything.

Edited by greg775