"Game of LOLs 2" Mets @ White Sox

Steve9347

The White Sox pulled out a laugher last night. The perfectly previewed "Game of LOLs" went off without a hitch - as Beckham, Gillaspie, Reed and Co. combined for this dazzler.

derpsox_medium.gif

Hahaha. HOW ABOUT THAT?

#TWTL

#2013WHITESOX

Only the awfulness of the Amazin's could keep the White Sox from throwing this one away. Now the huge test as Shaun Marcum brings his junk ball to the South Side. He sports a wicked 0-9 record. Meanwhile, the rebuilt John Danks will try to allow fewer than 4 homers tonight.

White Sox baseball! Where "F*CK" and "ME" meet!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime I see that .gif, I lose my s***. It's just too funny.

I think Danks is giving up a few bombs. He was obviously not ready to come back or is a shell of his former self. I'm going to go with the first rather than the latter.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 09:22 AM)

I think Danks is giving up a few bombs. He was obviously not ready to come back or is a shell of his former self. I'm going to go with the first rather than the latter.

His peripherals are all money. 1.17 WHIP, 25 ks against 4 walks. Instead of missing the plate and walking guys with predictable lack of command, he's serving up meatballs. I actually think Danks has pitched quite well given the circumstances.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 09:22 AM)

I think it's neither and it's that he just had a major shoulder surgery and you don't come back 100% from any surgery, let alone shoulder surgery. There are going to be kinks he needs to work though. Perfect year to do so. He worked through kinks in 2007, the Sox sucked, and everyone thought the world was ending. Then they won the division in 2008! Exact same thing is totally gonna happen.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 09:26 AM)
I think it's neither and it's that he just had a major shoulder surgery and you don't come back 100% from any surgery, let alone shoulder surgery. There are going to be kinks he needs to work though. Perfect year to do so. He worked through kinks in 2007, the Sox sucked, and everyone thought the world was ending. Then they won the division in 2008! Exact same thing is totally gonna happen.

Well of course it's the surgery. I agree though, it's a good season for him to work out whatever to come back next year and be a stronger pitcher. (knock on wood)

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 03:26 PM)

That's my take on it too. He is still struggling a bit and hopefully tonite is a good nite

5 career starts vs the White Sox.

3-0, 2.48 ERA, 0.80 WHIP, 32.2 IP

On top of that, he doesn't deserve a 5.76 ERA nor an 0-9 record with the way he's pitched. Looks a lot like loads of lousy luck.

edited to add alliteration

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)
5 career starts vs the White Sox.

3-0, 2.48 ERA, 0.80 WHIP, 32.2 IP

On top of that, he doesn't deserve a 5.76 ERA nor an 0-9 record with the way he's pitched. Looks a lot like loads of lousy luck.

edited to add alliteration

Looks literally like lots of loads of lousy luck.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 11:49 AM)
Baseball Reference has Marcum with a -1.0 WAR this season.

B-R's WAR (bWAR) is calculated differently than fWAR and is considered by most to be inferior or more flawed. Both have their shortcomings, and neither are wrong, and Marcum has been a worse pitcher than Peavy this year, but I personally believe fWAR shows a better portrayal of the type of pitcher Marcum has been this year as opposed to bWAR. There really is no reason that Marcum should have a 5.76 ERA other than dumb luck, because he has absolutely pitched better than that number.

If interested or bored, these will help

http://www.fangraphs.com/library/war/differences-fwar-rwar/

http://www.fangraphs.com/library/war/calcu...g-war-pitchers/

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
B-R's WAR (bWAR) is calculated differently than fWAR and is considered by most to be inferior or more flawed. Both have their shortcomings, and neither are wrong, and Marcum has been a worse pitcher than Peavy this year, but I personally believe fWAR shows a better portrayal of the type of pitcher Marcum has been this year as opposed to bWAR. There really is no reason that Marcum should have a 5.76 ERA other than dumb luck, because he has absolutely pitched better than that number.

If interested or bored, these will help

http://www.fangraphs.com/library/war/differences-fwar-rwar/

http://www.fangraphs.com/library/war/calcu...g-war-pitchers/

It's kind of hard to trust WAR as a stat, when different people calculate it differently.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 12:21 PM)
It's kind of hard to trust WAR as a stat, when different people calculate it differently.

It's not an end all, be all, but it at least gives some foundation for comparing pitchers to hitters and relievers to starters. You just have to use discretion when using it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 12:22 PM)
It's not an end all, be all, but it at least gives some foundation for comparing pitchers to hitters and relievers to starters. You just have to use discretion when using it.

Dude has a 5+ era. I don't give a s*** about luck, he's not pitching well.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 12:22 PM)

I don't mind WAR as a stat and generally the numbers are similar whether it's fangraphs or baseball reference, but I absolutely hate dWAR. In '09 Dunn had a dWAR of -5.2. There is no chance in hell that a major leaguer, no matter how bad they are on defense, is costing their team 5 wins a season.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 02:11 PM)
I don't mind WAR as a stat and generally the numbers are similar whether it's fangraphs or baseball reference, but I absolutely hate dWAR. In '09 Dunn had a dWAR of -5.2. There is no chance in hell that a major leaguer, no matter how bad they are on defense, is costing their team 5 wins a season.

Have you seen the White Sox this year?

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 01:51 PM)
Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 1m

Prior to tonight’s game, the Sox placed Conor Gillaspie on the Paternity Leave List & recalled 3rd baseman Brent Morel from @KnightsBaseball

Now that's just f***in juicy boys!

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 01:51 PM)
Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 1m

Prior to tonight’s game, the Sox placed Conor Gillaspie on the Paternity Leave List & recalled 3rd baseman Brent Morel from @KnightsBaseball

I didn't even know that Gillaspie was pregnant?