Your Realistic 2014 Lineup

Dunt

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 11:10 AM)
Marty is just trolling again. Dan Berstein brought up this concept of teams dumping bad contracts and sending along prospects as bait. He was also mentioning salary caps and other things thinking MLB is the NBA. Teams don't give up top prospects unless they are desperate. Teams also get an additional $25 million to play with starting this offseason. There is not one example of a team giving up a top prospect for taking on a bad contract.

Then BJ Upton is mentioned. He is owed $60 million the next 4 years. What prospect, even if the Braves were so desperate to get rid of Upton, do they have that is worth that price?

It isn't going to happen. The board panned the thought, Marty decided to bring it back for arguments. He is covering his bases though. He did mention a couple of months ago, the "heavy lifting" of a rebuild was done. He also mentioned if a rebuild was done "correctly" it could be accomplished in 2 years. Now he is saying 2016. No matter what happens, he will tell everyone he was the first to tell you what was going to happen.

Just read his posts for comedy.

Dick Allen I didn't expect any different from you. You have shown zero ability to think outside the box. Keep loving that Blue Jays rebuild fella ROFL.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 11:14 AM)
Dick Allen I didn't expect any different from you. You have shown zero ability to think outside the box. Keep loving that Blue Jays rebuild fella ROFL.

Not a bad idea, but they had a ton of injuries. BJ Upton.

Marty is ridiculous. But I won't take the bait and fight you anymore on this. The others all see what you are doing.

BTW, you aren't thinking outside the box. You stole this from Dan Bernstein.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
Not a bad idea, but they had a ton of injuries. BJ Upton.

Marty is ridiculous. But I won't take the bait and fight you anymore on this. The others all see what you are doing.

BTW, you aren't thinking outside the box. You stole this from Dan Bernstein.

It's important for you to have safety in numbers, be part of a pack. Sad really. I stole an idea from Dan Bernstein, omg. First prove it, second who gives on damn?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 11:23 AM)
It's important for you to have safety in numbers, be part of a pack. Sad really. I stole an idea from Dan Bernstein, omg. First prove it, second who gives on damn?

The thread is on this board from months ago. That's the proof. And if no one should give a damn, why don't you just admit you are bringing up old threads because you want to argue and bait?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 11:17 AM)
Now its the Indians rebuild you are trumpeting. Good old after-the-fact Dick Allen strikes again.

No one has a clue how free agents will perform in the offseason. See Adam Dunn. Few thought the 2005 Sox would place better than 3rd.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)
The problem is this team itself. How do you go from losing 100 games to contending buying free agents.

Doing what the Indians did last year. They added Bourn, Swisher, Raburn, Aviles, Stubbs, Gomes, and Giambi to a 94 loss team and now they're in the wild card hunt.

Looks like I was a little to slow with that response.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)
I think we should move Beckham at this point. At this point, I don't believe there is anything Semien can't do there except maybe the defense and that's considering the learning curve Semien would have.

We need to get younger so Semien at 2B and picking up a young position player for CF/LF/3B could really help along with Avisail Garcia in RF.

Replacing the 26 year old 2b isn't exactly what most people mean when they say "We need to get younger".

Usually you say that about guys in their 30's who are past their prime, not guys still before their prime years.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 11:52 AM)
The Indians plan is not the one I want followed, but too each their own.

Welp, you asked how a 100 loss team(94 might as well be 100) can contend by signing Free agents and we answered.

Whether you like it or not it obviously can be done, and I don't think we need to add as much as they did to get it done due to our pitching.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 12:58 PM)
Welp, you asked how a 100 loss team(94 might as well be 100) can contend by signing Free agents and we answered.

Whether you like it or not it obviously can be done, and I don't think we need to add as much as they did to get it done due to our pitching.

We're actually even underperforming our run differential somewhat. What we really need as much as anything is to fix this team's mental state/focus. Their level of focus on the field is embarrassing. That might mean replacing some of the players, but it absolutely should fall on the coaching staff.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 14, 2013 -> 11:58 AM)

High risk/low reward strategy is not the way to respond to this miserable season.