2014 Draft Potential

NCsoxfan

As a NC State graduate and die-hard Sox fan, I have to say that one of the real benefits of this terrible season is the potential of next year's draft. While it may be a long shot to land Carlos Rodon (I'm assuming he'll be #1), Trea Turner from NC State would be a very interesting prospect for us. He plays SS right now, but has also been projected as a CF. He stole 50+ bases as a Freshman, and was slowed somewhat this year due to an ankle injury. Anyways, not sure if you've see Turner/Rodon play, but the prospect of either of them being available for the Sox would be awesome.

The 2014 is pretty solid compared to the last two drafts, there are a ton of players with high potential. I would like to see the Sox continue to build a core of high ceiling position players to go along with Courtney Hawkins and Tim Anderson. I hope they draft:

Alex Jackson - C/3B/OF

Jacob Gatewood - 3B/OF

Tyler Beede - P

Also keep in mind if the White Sox (Who if the season ended today, would own the 5th overall draft pick) continue to lose at this pace they would have a bonus pool of about $3,636,900 for Marco Paddy to play with in the international market.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
The 2014 is pretty solid compared to the last two drafts, there are a ton of players with high potential. I would like to see the Sox continue to build a core of high ceiling position players to go along with Courtney Hawkins and Tim Anderson. I hope they draft:

Alex Jackson - C/3B/OF

Jacob Gatewood - 3B/OF

Tyler Beede - P

Also keep in mind if the White Sox (Who if the season ended today, would own the 5th overall draft pick) continue to lose at this pace they would have a bonus pool of about $3,636,900 for Marco Paddy to play with in the international market.

I think we will see the sox begin to lose at an even heavier pace once we move through a large portion of our major league roster, we might have an outside shot at #1

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 09:18 PM)
I think we will see the sox begin to lose at an even heavier pace once we move through a large portion of our major league roster, we might have an outside shot at #1

The way these guys are playing, getting rid of some of them might actually help....

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 08:18 PM)

Nah, you know they'll go on a nice September run just to ruin draft position. Always happens when we suck.