2013-2014 NHL thread

Blues absolutely dominated the first 2 periods and had to be so deflated to be even after 2. Yes, they had power plays, but even 5 on 5, Hawks had nothing going. Blues were carrying the play and the possession. Thank God the PK held the fort and Crawford too...then took advantage early 3rd.

And the Blues were rightly on the PP the whole period, it's not like the Hawks were getting screwed. Blues were creating some of those by moving their feet well.

Once the 3rd goal hit (maybe even the 2nd one), it was lights out.

Root for a game 7 in the Avs/Wild series, then whoever we play would be tough. I'd rather take chances with Minnesota, but that guarantees nothing.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 04:56 PM)
I have recipes for both a hot and cold crow dish for some folks dinner plans.

I came in here to post that, as much as I hate the contract, having a guy who can stand on his head like this when it matters? Pretty nice.

I'm in a very good mood. Go Crawford.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 05:57 PM)
Blues absolutely dominated the first 2 periods and had to be so deflated to be even after 2. Yes, they had power plays, but even 5 on 5, Hawks had nothing going. Blues were carrying the play and the possession. Thank God the PK held the fort and Crawford too...then took advantage early 3rd.

And the Blues were rightly on the PP the whole period, it's not like the Hawks were getting screwed. Blues were creating some of those by moving their feet well.

Once the 3rd goal hit (maybe even the 2nd one), it was lights out.

Root for a game 7 in the Avs/Wild series, then whoever we play would be tough. I'd rather take chances with Minnesota, but that guarantees nothing.

What was the shot count after the 2nd? 28-11 or something like that? If you come out of that tied with only one goal, you aren't gonna win many playoff games.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 06:03 PM)
I came in here to post that, as much as I hate the contract, having a guy who can stand on his head like this when it matters? Pretty nice.

I'm in a very good mood. Go Crawford.

He played a hell of a series. Remember when the Blues traded for Miller and we were concerned? Crawford outplayed him without a doubt, pretty irrelevant trade in the long run.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 05:48 PM)
What an incredible performance by the penalty killers today, especially with so many of their top guys in the box.

While the last two weeks has me way more confident about beating the Avalanche, let's go Wild!

I want no piece of Colorado.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 07:23 PM)
I want no piece of Colorado.

I have thought the same thing and while I think experience can be overrated at times, I just don't feel like they are ready for a tough series against a good team. But yes, I would still prefer the Wild.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 07:22 PM)
That trade scared everyone and it accomplished nothing. Ott never scored a single goal as a blue.

I did appreciate seeing who gives up on a team through 2 games of the first round.

It was more than the first two games of the playoffs. It was a season of giving away late leads, and not being able to get the big goal late in games and OT's. Maybe this team has some Miami Heat in them now where they can turn it on when it matters.