Not as exciting as trade talk . . . - DOUBLEHEADER!!

cabiness42

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 07:36 PM)
I haven't been able to watch much since he came back - has he been going to RCF like he used to as well?

Not with as much authority as he did in 2008, but he's getting there. He's hit a ton of balls hard, including right at the outfielders. He's been far and away the most consistent hitter on the team.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 02:39 PM)
Not with as much authority as he did in 2008, but he's getting there. He's hit a ton of balls hard, including right at the outfielders. He's been far and away the most consistent hitter on the team.

As much as we've talked about not messing with something that's working, hopefully we can move him up in the order after we move some guys and then just leave him be.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 08:41 PM)
As much as we've talked about not messing with something that's working, hopefully we can move him up in the order after we move some guys and then just leave him be.

Yep, it's a tough call but an easy decision to move him up if you plan on him being a key member of this team going forward.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
Yep, it's a tough call but an easy decision to move him up if you plan on him being a key member of this team going forward.

I'd love to trust that this is closer to the real Gordon.

Alex looks as bad as I have ever seen him in his two at bats today. Wow.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 07:44 PM)
I'd love to trust that this is closer to the real Gordon.

Alex looks as bad as I have ever seen him in his two at bats today. Wow.

He's been really bad for a while now outside of the 6-6 game. He definitely seems to be lacking some focus at the plate.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 02:10 PM)
Alexei really is making it difficult for me to care if we move him.

Had my fill of Alexi,won't shed any tears and can't believe that De Aza has one more RBI than Rios, with about 80 less chances. Rios can change uniforms too.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 02:45 PM)
He's been really bad for a while now outside of the 6-6 game. He definitely seems to be lacking some focus at the plate.

I don't doubt that he's distracted by trade talk. I wasn't aware til I read his interview the other day just how much he wants to stay here.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 09:10 PM)
If Danks has another good start, trade him right after it.

I can't imagine any team would take him and pay his entire salary. If they were willing to, then by all means, I don't care what they get back for him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 03:12 PM)
I can't imagine any team would take him and pay his entire salary. If they were willing to, then by all means, I don't care what they get back for him.

If they do, a bad contract is coming back

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 03:12 PM)

That's what I'm saying. He is what he is. A 3-4 for a good team. If we keep him, fine, but don't see him being a crucial part for us in a few years when we may next be competitive.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 09:16 PM)
That's what I'm saying. He is what he is. A 3-4 for a good team. If we keep him, fine, but don't see him being a crucial part for us in a few years when we may next be competitive.

On a good team, I think he's more like a 4/5. Hard to imagine him having an ERA in the 3.5-3.7 range for another year or so.