Not as exciting as trade talk . . . - DOUBLEHEADER!!

cabiness42

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 14, 2013 -> 01:47 AM)
I actually think I'm glad I can't watch this game. Philly commits consecutive errors to put the leadoff batter on 3B, and the Sox 4-5-6 hitters can't get him in.

The second error by the Phillies in that inning was ridiculous. Quintero tried to pick the guy off at 1st, and Ruf wasn't paying attention and the ball went to RF. Santiago looks great....again

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 10:09 PM)
I don't understand why it's blacked out on MLB.tv

I think there's some issue about locally broadcast games during FOX's special time

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 11:53 PM)
I'm happy for Danks, but if somebody wants to offer something fair and take his 14.25x3 years....he gawn.

This is why baseball frustrates me so much (besides the umpires). These guys sign multi year contracts and with very few exceptions, immediately the teams and the fans regret the terms of the contract. It's insane. You sign a guy and once the honeymoon is over (the offseason), teams and fans immediately want to get rid of the player who just signed.

I think there's some issue about locally broadcast games during FOX's special time

Yes, FOX has an exclusive window in the evening slot and they paid big money to not have any competition for their game, so enjoy the Cubs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 10:11 PM)
This is why baseball frustrates me so much (besides the umpires). These guys sign multi year contracts and with very few exceptions, immediately the teams and the fans regret the terms of the contract. It's insane. You sign a guy and once the honeymoon is over (the offseason), teams and fans immediately want to get rid of the player who just signed.

Well, buyers remorse is to be expected when the player shreds his shoulder 2 months into that contract

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2013 -> 10:11 PM)

What are your thoughts on Mark Buehrle's contract?