7/20, Sox vs Braves, Peavy back

Knackattack

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 10:33 PM)
I'm not so sure. Teams seem to be hording their good minor leaguers and Red Sox especially. They need to go on a 5 game losing streak.

Did you see the insane package the Cubs were going to get for a rental?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 04:33 PM)
I'm not so sure. Teams seem to be hording their good minor leaguers and Red Sox especially. They need to go on a 5 game losing streak.

Then those teams clearly don't want to win honestly. If a player is out there that will make your team better. You go after him as a GM, whether it was a good or bad move. If Sox were in contention, KW would not hesitate to make that deal.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 02:35 PM)
Then those teams clearly don't want to win honestly. If a player is out there that will make your team better. You go after him as a GM, whether it was a good or bad move. If Sox were in contention, KW would not hesitate to make that deal.

Red Sox are in 1st already and picked up Contreras to replace Andrew Bailey . Don't know if that will work out but clearly Red Sox will be play hardball in trades.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 09:22 PM)
I can buy that. I'm just glad Robin finally had enough of Rios' crap and pulled him. That's how some people have to be motivated and obviously it worked. Grand slam.

I am the one to thank for Rios today. I put him down a my PTC knowing he would be motivated to sow is lackadaisical running last night was not the real A Rios

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 09:38 PM)
Red Sox are in 1st already and picked up Contreras to replace Andrew Bailey . Don't know if that will work out but clearly Red Sox will be play hardball in trades.

We don't have to trade anyone to the RedSox. This is not a situation where we are being forced to dump our better players for scraps

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)

They could be. They also could get desperate. No way Contreras holds up. Their just trying to strike gold like Texas with Manny v

I just hope the scouts watching this game see the type of player Rios can be when he's motivated. I know he's been in a long slump, but put him in a playoff race and I think you'll get a player much closer to the April/May version.

Edited by Chicago White Sox