7/20, Sox vs Braves, Peavy back

Knackattack

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 06:12 PM)
This game is kind of bumming me out. Some good players that will be gone soon because the team underperformed. I actually liked this team on paper.

Don't be so sure. I'm still hoping Hahn decides to be a buyer and make a run for the playoffs. I think it can be done, but I'm tired of him wasting time. We need to make some nice additions now!!!!

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 04:12 PM)
This game is kind of bumming me out. Some good players that will be gone soon because the team underperformed. I actually liked this team on paper.

I know how you feel. Sox hitters are showing signs of life. DeAza, Beckham, Alexei, Dunn, Keppinger and to a lesser extent Rios. Phegley's hitting well. If Viciedo could join them it really isnt as bad a lineup as we have seen. Trouble is ,are these just hot streaks or the real deal and what we can look forward to ? We need a Brett Gardner type at leadoff and DeAza's bat in the middle of the order and some power at 1st or DH and 3rd. It's possible there won't be as many trades as many of us think. Texas seems like one of the few teams willing to trade prospects so we're competing with the Cubs and others to see who will win that battle. Tampa, Oakland don't usually take on salaries. Red Sox looking at internal options 1st. Not likely to deal with the Tigers or Indians. Do Yankees , Cards , Dodgers , Giants, Orioles and D'backs want our guys and willing to pay the price ? Pickings seem slim for sellers.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 06:16 PM)
Don't be so sure. I'm still hoping Hahn decides to be a buyer and make a run for the playoffs. I think it can be done, but I'm tired of him wasting time. We need to make some nice additions now!!!!

Are you aware that Sox have the third worst winning percentage in MLB?

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 10:48 PM)
If we trade Rios, we have no chance to win the division.

Sin City, cut it out please. El Rockin is the only Sox fan on this board who truly believes in each and every player and the team. El Rockin, yes, it's sincere. We're not fooled by your fake posts.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 10:57 PM)
Pulling Peavy after 5 has to be a Hahn call. Robin probably would've sent him out there for two more innings.

Guys, I happen to believe Coop runs the pitching staff, not Robin. Why would you guys think otherwise?? Coop is the pitching genius. Robin is not a pitcher. Why the wrath of Robin regarding pitch counts when it's got to be Coop?

p.s. DeAza is starting to look like a decent hitter. Does he have a chance to be a decent to above average big leaguer?

If the hole wasn't so big to dig out of, and a good middle of lineup 1B/DH/3B was available to trade for then I'd be on board with sin and rockin.

If PK can return and be the old PK(which I doubt) I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox are over .500 for the 2nd half of the season(just the 2nd half, not overall).

Edited by scs787