Leesman to start Friday

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 05:57 PM)
Hasn't he been hurt?

He's off the DL and has made 2 starts since then. First start only went 2.1 innings, 2nd start went 6 innings (1 run, 5 hits, 6 K's). Might well be that they didn't call him up yet because he hasn't had enough work since the DL trip.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)
As a doubleheader call up under the new rules, does he have to be added to the 40 man roster?

I would imagine so, but was wondering the same thing. Our 40 man is wide open anyways. 36 with Leesman now by my count. I could see Wilkins, Johnson, Semien, and a reliever take those spots come September.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)
He's off the DL and has made 2 starts since then. First start only went 2.1 innings, 2nd start went 6 innings (1 run, 5 hits, 6 K's). Might well be that they didn't call him up yet because he hasn't had enough work since the DL trip.

I assume in this lost season they just didn't want to jerk him around until he's ready to be up in Chicago for good.

As a doubleheader call up under the new rules, does he have to be added to the 40 man roster?

The new rule just allows the active roster to expand from 25 to 26 for a DH. It doesn't change the fact that anybody on the active roster must still be on the 40-man roster, though with only 35 there now, it's not a problem.