Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 0-5. This roster is 0-5. I keep playing teams that put up 120+ points.

QB Matt Stafford

WR Brandon Marshall

WR Reggie Wayne

WR Pierre Garcon

RB LeSean McCoy

RB Maurice Jones-Drew (f*** him)

TE Owen Daniels

W/R/T Marques Colston

DEF who cares

Still waiting for Gronk to come back. I'd hoped to be .500 when he returned. Instead, those losers (had to play Michael Floyd instead of Pierre Garcon given the BYE week) put up 80.28 points. Also had Justin Blackmon on my bench.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
I'm 0-5. This roster is 0-5. I keep playing teams that put up 120+ points.

QB Matt Stafford

WR Brandon Marshall

WR Reggie Wayne

WR Pierre Garcon

RB LeSean McCoy

RB Maurice Jones-Drew (f*** him)

TE Owen Daniels

W/R/T Marques Colston

DEF who cares

Still waiting for Gronk to come back. I'd hoped to be .500 when he returned. Instead, those losers (had to play Michael Floyd instead of Pierre Garcon given the BYE week) put up 80.28 points. Also had Justin Blackmon on my bench.

Yeah that shouldn't be an 0-5 team. What would your composite record be (playing every team every week)? I always seem to come out on the short end of that. Like, I'd be 6-3 or 7-2 on the week, and lose.

I have MJD too, ugh. Do you have anyone else to use there (Mathews)? Luckily I got Moreno before the year started, just in case, and it's paid off a bit.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 07:10 AM)
Need 15.2 out of Gonzalez tonight to win despite having Tom f***ing Brady on my team.

Steve, despite the fact that we never officially agreed to it you can make me a sig, that's how embarrassing Brady was.

i need 28 out of him.

yikes

So here's my situation, I'm dealing with the Tom Brady dilemma at the moment. So my starters as of now are:

QB-Brady

WR-Dez Bryant

WR-Andre Johnson

RB-Marshawn Lynch

RB-Matt Forte

TE-Gates/Gonzalez

Flex-James Jones/Le'Veon Bell

K-Tucker

Def-Seahawks

Bench Players worth a damn:

Bell/James Jones

Gates/Gonzalez

Denarius Moore

And of course no f***in back up qb.

So I've been offered Rivers for James Jones. The guy who offered me the trade will most likely be one of my bigger competitors for the championship. He has nothing at the 2nd wr spot and Rivers is his back up. I'm thinking I wait out Brady one more week to see what he can do with Gronk before I jump on this deal, what do you guys think?

Nobody is trading for Brady, everybody already has quarterbacks. I should have also probably added that Jones is a potential 9th round keeper that gives him some extra value. If I do the deal, I really hurt myself for 4ish weeks with bye fillers, I lose a good potential keeper, I help a really good opponent out a lot and if Brady gets back near his usual level of play with Gronk then I'm not getting much of an upgrade at all. It's not as simple as you guys are making it out to be.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 05:01 PM)
Nobody is trading for Brady, everybody already has quarterbacks. I should have also probably added that Jones is a potential 9th round keeper that gives him some extra value. If I do the deal, I really hurt myself for 4ish weeks with bye fillers, I lose a good potential keeper, I help a really good opponent out a lot and if Brady gets back near his usual level of play with Gronk then I'm not getting much of an upgrade at all. It's not as simple as you guys are making it out to be.

I'm with you, it's not easy. I'm not convinced that Rivers is way better than Brady the rest of the year. He just got Amendola back, Gronk soon. He had a lousy game Sunday - so be it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 05:37 PM)
I don't know if it would be accepted, but I'm considering giving up Vick for Brady. He has Pryor, started him this week over Brady. Not sure how high/low he is on Brady.

I don't know how long I can ride the Vick wave of season-might-be-over-any-second.

Ya I'd definitely do that if I were you, at least Brady should be playing all season. I'd also pick up Foles(something I'm going to do as well), might catch lightning in a bottle.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 05:52 PM)
Ya I'd definitely do that if I were you, at least Brady should be playing all season. I'd also pick up Foles(something I'm going to do as well), might catch lightning in a bottle.

Yeah it's either Foles, E. Manning, Roethlisberger...that's probably about it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 05:53 PM)
Need 55 points ppr from Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, and Falcons D. Stranger things have happened...wait, no, no they haven't.

If it was 100% Roddy White you'd have a decent shot.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 10:37 PM)
Guy in my league lost by .8, he was up .2 going into the last drive, going up against Powell.

It's so damn frustrating. 2 of my 3 losses have come by the fake stat correction and this. 2nd most pts in the league with Tom Brady being the worst person ever and I can't catch a f***in break.

Sorry, end fantasy football rant.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 06:01 PM)

I'd do the deal. Jones is prone to some pretty bad games every year and you can always find a WR on the waiver wire