Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
Who do I start at flex? Rashad Jennings, Willis McGahee, or Fred Jackson? Jackson has the toughest matchup, McGahee has been garbage, and Jennings is a wildcard. Right now I'm leaning towards the wildcard.

I think I would still go Jackson. Best player of the bunch.

Traded Alshon Jeffery for Giovani Bernard

and

Tony Gonzalez for Julio Jones

This has been a good week. Had absolutely no backup RB and I have MJD as my RB2 (hasn't done s***). I've been looking for a true WR1 to go alongside DeSean Jackson and Jordy Nelson and now I have that. I have nothing (a nothing named Kellen Winslow) at TE this week, but I have Gronk on the bench ready to go in Week 6, hopefully.

I don't think the Gonzalez trade was bad for that guy. TG has been performing and he may have had a WR2 that would be a small enough drop off that the increase in TE points was worth it.

But I would not have traded Gio Bernard for Alshon. Who may be an up and down guy.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 04:45 PM)
I don't think the Gonzalez trade was bad for that guy. TG has been performing and he may have had a WR2 that would be a small enough drop off that the increase in TE points was worth it.

But I would not have traded Gio Bernard for Alshon. Who may be an up and down guy.

Gonzalez had 1 amazing week and has been very blah besides that. You never trade a WR1(and a top 5 one at that) for a middle of the road TE1.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)
Gonzalez had 1 amazing week and has been very blah besides that. You never trade a WR1(and a top 5 one at that) for a middle of the road TE1.

Whoa, you are are right. I thought he was giving out 10+.

I didn't accept 1 trade offer in my entire fantasy baseball season but am 2/2 in football, lol. I assume I'm "winning" these deals because the other party is trading from a position of strength...but that's not my problem

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 03:56 PM)

and

This has been a good week. Had absolutely no backup RB and I have MJD as my RB2 (hasn't done s***). I've been looking for a true WR1 to go alongside DeSean Jackson and Jordy Nelson and now I have that. I have nothing (a nothing named Kellen Winslow) at TE this week, but I have Gronk on the bench ready to go in Week 6, hopefully.

I voted against that first trade. How did you get the other guy to take Jeffrey for Bernard? One's a starting RB, the other's barely a WR3.

Speaking of that league...how was Nate Washington not picked up on waivers?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 08:55 PM)
I voted against that first trade. How did you get the other guy to take Jeffrey for Bernard? One's a starting RB, the other's barely a WR3.

He just offered, no negotiation or anything. I think there is some risk in Bernard and some serious upside for Jeffrey, but obviously I thought I was getting the better end in the deal.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 08:57 PM)
He just offered, no negotiation or anything. I think there is some risk in Bernard and some serious upside for Jeffrey, but obviously I thought I was getting the better end in the deal.

His WR do suck, but you'd think he would aim higher with Bernard. Given how thin RB is compared to WR.

And the Julio for Gonzalez trade is insanely stupid. Julio's put up at least 15 every week so far.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 04:56 PM)

and

Whoever you traded with is an idiot

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 05:49 PM)
Gates ....................Blackman does not even deserve a roster spot.

Uh...no, lol

I'd go with Gates this week too, but Blackmon is definitely one to keep an eye on. He was top 10 among fantasy receivers in PPG the second half of last season. Like Shorts, he will get a lot of looks, especially since the Jags will be losing and be in garbage time frequently

Welp, down goes Hoyer, I was actually leaning towards him before getting a unanimous Cutler here.

I really like what I saw from Hoyer, I hope he's ok. With Gordon, Cameron, and a good possession receiver in Bess I think he could be a good fantasy player...It also kinda helps that they have no running game.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 09:49 AM)
Uh...no, lol

I'd go with Gates this week too, but Blackmon is definitely one to keep an eye on. He was top 10 among fantasy receivers in PPG the second half of last season. Like Shorts, he will get a lot of looks, especially since the Jags will be losing and be in garbage time frequently

You go get him and play him every week. He is unowned in half the leagues I play in. He is bye week filler only.

Edited by Soxfest