Fantasy football advice thread

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 05:43 PM)
Ray Rice was questionable up until today. You guys should've known, Rice wasn't going to play great if they fed him the ball. And where are the people who said Spiller is the man in Denver and Fred Jackson(though I called him Thomas on accident), wasn't going to be a factor?

If you don't start players that are questionable during the week you're going to be missing out on a lot of good players, that's a pretty ridiculous reason to bench Ray Rice and as Krush said you're not benching him if he plays.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)
If you don't start players that are questionable during the week you're going to be missing out on a lot of good players, that's a pretty ridiculous reason to bench Ray Rice and as Krush said you're not benching him if he plays.

You're right, you shouldn't bench anyone who is questionable. My point is benching someone who is questionable up until the day of. Usually, if a player is expected to be at least 85% of what they normally are, they are questionable during the week up until Friday. Rice was questionable up until Sunday morning. There were doubts of him playing Saturday night as I was listening to the radio.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 03:51 AM)
That ridiculous catch by Jones got me an additional 7 points and put me up 23. The other guy only has Jimmy Graham left.

That horrible playcall by the patriots and subsequent catch just put me down and I have no players left. Awesome. He has the saints d, but no reason to play them now. f*** f*** f***

Down 14.74 points with Drew Brees left tomorrow.. I SHOULD win, but we'll see. I would've only been down 10, until Brady decided to fumble the ball, and Ryan fed Juilo Jones (and alittle bit of Rodgers) the ball that final drive. <_>

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 10:58 PM)
Should have listened to you Kenny ha. Thankfully it didn't matter as Andre Johnson was my lowest point getter this week besides my kicker.

And I'm glad I listened to you Row and started him as well.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 10:22 AM)
0-4.

4th highest points in the league. C'est la vie. Fantasy basketball is only a few weeks away.

Similar situation but 6th highest point total in league (14 team league) despite having MJD on my team who has been about the worst 2nd round pick ever. Despite being in a 14 team league each opponent I've faced has put up at least 125 points (standard scoring other than .5 point ppr). Just absolutely ridiculous.

So in complete desperation mode I decided to trade Arian Foster for Trent Richardson, Lamar Miller and Roddy White yesterday. Almost certainly too late to make a difference but I decided to go for the hail mary.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 10:29 AM)
Similar situation but 6th highest point total in league (14 team league) despite having MJD on my team who has been about the worst 2nd round pick ever. Despite being in a 14 team league each opponent I've faced has put up at least 125 points (standard scoring other than .5 point ppr). Just absolutely ridiculous.

So in complete desperation mode I decided to trade Arian Foster for Trent Richardson, Lamar Miller and Roddy White yesterday. Almost certainly too late to make a difference but I decided to go for the hail mary.

What a ripoff. I'd kill to get that kind of return on Shady McCoy right now, but I can't seem to do better than Matt Forte + Hot Garbage for him in this league.

Hence my non-caring.

I also have MJD.

And David Wilson.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 11:23 AM)
What a ripoff. I'd kill to get that kind of return on Shady McCoy right now, but I can't seem to do better than Matt Forte + Hot Garbage for him in this league.

Hence my non-caring.

I also have MJD.

And David Wilson.

Being in a 14 team league I only really had 2 RBs with one being MJD so I have basically been getting nothing out of one starting spot each week. While neither Miller or Richardson is great I at least now have 2 legitimate starting RBs and if White gets healthy I have a lot of good options at WR. The guy running away with the league got insanely lucky. He somehow got Charles with the 9th pick because of a couple really stupid first round picks from people, got Forte on the turn and then took Bush in the 4th. I was really hoping Bush would fall to me in the 4th and I wanted Forte in the 2nd. He took both of them 3 picks before I was up. Sigh.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 11:30 AM)
Being in a 14 team league I only really had 2 RBs with one being MJD so I have basically been getting nothing out of one starting spot each week. While neither Miller or Richardson is great I at least now have 2 legitimate starting RBs and if White gets healthy I have a lot of good options at WR. The guy running away with the league got insanely lucky. He somehow got Charles with the 9th pick because of a couple really stupid first round picks from people, got Forte on the turn and then took Bush in the 4th. I was really hoping Bush would fall to me in the 4th and I wanted Forte in the 2nd. He took both of them 3 picks before I was up. Sigh.

I was saying you ripped the other guy off.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)
I'm up 116-77 and he had Colston and Sproles going tonight in a PPR. I feel confident but deep down I just have a feeling that he's going to end up getting like 42 combined out of them.

I'm down 29 in a PPR with Brees and Sproles. I should be fine, but I have the same feeling I am going to end up with only 25 out of them lol

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 01:19 PM)
I'm down 29 in a PPR with Brees and Sproles. I should be fine, but I have the same feeling I am going to end up with only 25 out of them lol

Brees can throw 4 TDs to Jimmy Graham then, and throw for 300. And Sproles can catch 5 balls for 30 yards. Now we both win.

0-3 (I think I'm going to win this week) in the league where Yahoo rated me as the best drafter

4-0 in the league where Yahoo rated me 11/12 in the draft

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 02:52 PM)
Who wants in on the best NBA fantasy league ever? It's a keeper, I need two owners.

Sureeeee