Fantasy football advice thread

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 27, 2013 -> 09:48 PM)
Bell could be worth hanging onto, certainly more value than Glennon right now. He may start and get a lot of touches this week, depending on your rbs moving forward, could play on bye weeks etc.

Sudfeld? Why was he on your roster after week 1?

Who are your qbs that you need Glennon?

I meant that I had Redman and Bell in 2 of the leagues so dropping Redman was a no brainer.

I thought Sudfeld had to break out at some point.

I don't really NEED Glennon I just like the kid, and think he'll be a good talent. Going back to the offseason when I was doing research for mock drafts I was hoping he fell to the Bears in the 4th. Big kid with a cannon for an arm that Mike Mayock compared to Joe Flacco.

With no other good options in the FA market and dead weight to be cut there's nothing I lose in this situation. If he sucks and a good option presents itself in the FA market then he's gone. If he's good then I don't have to worry about the waiver wire.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 27, 2013 -> 10:22 PM)
I meant that I had Redman and Bell in 2 of the leagues so dropping Redman was a no brainer.

I thought Sudfeld had to break out at some point.

I don't really NEED Glennon I just like the kid, and think he'll be a good talent. Going back to the offseason when I was doing research for mock drafts I was hoping he fell to the Bears in the 4th. Big kid with a cannon for an arm that Mike Mayock compared to Joe Flacco.

With no other good options in the FA market and dead weight to be cut there's nothing I lose in this situation. If he sucks and a good option presents itself in the FA market then he's gone. If he's good then I don't have to worry about the waiver wire.

You still haven't told us who your other QBs are/were or who they were before you dropped them for Glennon.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 28, 2013 -> 09:01 AM)
You still haven't told us who your other QBs are/were or who they were before you dropped them for Glennon.

I said I dropped Sudfeld in one league and Redman in the other 2...Im rockin 3 QBs right now.

Most of us know about my Cutler/Dalton league. The others I have Luck/Eli and Ryan/Shaub....Sans Ryan I sucked at drafting QBs, waited too long in each of em.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 28, 2013 -> 09:34 AM)
Never thought I would consider benching Andre Johnson this early, but anyone who has him, are you playing him... banged up and all, against Seattle? I'm considering starting Kendall Wright (facing Jets defense) over him.

He's driving me nuts this week too. Not only is he banged up and playing the Seahawks but I also have their d. Still, I think because he gets so many targets and I'm in a half ppr, I have to play him.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 28, 2013 -> 10:33 AM)
I said I dropped Sudfeld in one league and Redman in the other 2...Im rockin 3 QBs right now.

Most of us know about my Cutler/Dalton league. The others I have Luck/Eli and Ryan/Shaub....Sans Ryan I sucked at drafting QBs, waited too long in each of em.

To me, that's easy.

Dalton

Luck

Ryan

If youre in a 14 team league you may have to start a guy like Eddie Royal. It just depends on how deep your league is.

And I have no idea why anyone would believe in Glennon at this point? Some leagues have guys like Tannehill still available, no way id go Glennon.

(Edit)

Im hilariously deciding on Heath Miller v Royal right now for my last flex spot.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 11:29 AM)
If youre in a 14 team league you may have to start a guy like Eddie Royal. It just depends on how deep your league is.

And I have no idea why anyone would believe in Gelnnon at this point? Some leagues have guys like Tannehill still available, no way id go Glennon.

Fantasy football is not immune to backup QB syndrome ;)

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 08:30 AM)
Ide play Nicks. The trend seems to be complain about not getting the ball and you get it a lot the next week. Wallace did it, Brown did it, now its Nicks turn.

Well that figures bowe scores a TD. Damn should have gone with my gut on bowe, that KC secondary is just too tough for anyone not named Cruz

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
It shouldn't, that's terrible for the guy giving up Ryan..Jennings is a ghost and Fred Jackson is in a time share at best..

After this week, that trade doesn't look so lopsided.

Fred Jackson is going to get 15 touches a game with goal-line carries and Jennings had a pretty decent game to up his stock. Perhaps the QB switch will make him a decent WR2.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 29, 2013 -> 05:43 PM)
Ray Rice was questionable up until today. You guys should've known, Rice wasn't going to play great if they fed him the ball. And where are the people who said Spiller is the man in Denver and Fred Jackson(though I called him Thomas on accident), wasn't going to be a factor?

Your point is basically irrelevant, as they didn't feed Rice the ball (nor Pierce).

If Rice is playing, you're starting him unless you're in an 8 team league.