Fantasy football advice thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 10:25 AM)
Is Pead even worth a roster spot anymore? The rams coaches clearly don't think he's good.

Probably not. Looks like Stacy might get the starting reps but it's kind of the like the Steelers were before Bell came back, it's a bad offense with a bunch of bad rb's in a committee, I'd stay away from all of them.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)
He's 3-1. Everyone pays the same money to run their own team they way they see fit. It ruins it when other people have a say in how you try to manage your team.

I had a guy who picked Michael Turner as his second RB and he's 2-2. It's fantasy football, people are bound to get lucky even when their team is awful and they have no idea what they're doing.

You can manage your team however you like. Nobody's going to tell you who to start on Sunday. Nobody's going to tell you who to pick up on waivers. But if you make a trade that is clearly advantageous to one party, it shouldn't be approved. If I'm the guy who's 1 game behind the guy you traded Adrian Peterson to, just because you really love Dewayne Bowe, is that really fair to me? Is it fair to the other guy who's also 1 game behind? It might be your team, but it's not your league. Everyone in the league should have a say in what goes or what doesn't. Because a lopsided trade, even if there is no foul play involved, can affect those in the league in a negative way.

Baseball and football teams claim guys on waivers just to block teams higher in the standings all the time. If you don't think that's wrong, then there is no way vetoing a lopsided trade is wrong.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 08:05 AM)
Of course, we're talking about the 58 o-rank player for the 25 o-rank player one being in a much thinner position than the other. Not nearly as obviously bad. Seems like the point of having great players is that you can afford to overpay for players you need

Except in the case of the guy who's trading you Julio Jones, his WRs besides Julio and James Jones are bad.

It's not like he's loaded at WR and only needed a good TE to succeed. I don't know what he's doing, but it appears he's just making wild trade offers to people.

If I were you, I'd be happy I got Giovanni Bernard for Alshon Jeffrey.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 07:30 AM)
He is owned in every league I play in. Despite you clearly not being able to see it, there is a difference in being a weekly starter and being un-ownable as you previously suggested. He is a strong WR3 and one with high upside in PPR leagues. I still prefer Shorts to Blackmon, but he should be owned in all but the shallowest of leagues

That is your opinion just like mine is he is cannon fodder.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 07:33 AM)
I hate when leagues do that. It's compete bulls***. So you don't think it was fair? So what. It wasn't your team. As long as both managers made the trade in good faith and there was no worry about any collusion or anything else unfair, the trade should be allowed to proceed. I had a trade vetoed last year in a league of mine and it really pissed me off. Thankfully, my two big money leagues have strong veto processes now that makes it tough for a trade to be disallowed.

The rule in the money league that I commish is that I put all trades through immediately. That said, I trust everyone in that league.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 10:13 AM)
Brady at Cin or Rivers at Oak.

Why on earth would you start Brady over Rivers, especially given those matchups (kind of a response to Rowand here).

You ride Rivers. He's legitimately my 3rd ranked QB in the league this week with that matchup against Oakland (behind Manning against Dallas whom Rivers shredded last week and Rodgers against Detroit).

Brady hasn't been very impressive at all this year. Rivers has been a monster and all of his statistics say it's for real.

And he's f***ing playing Oakland.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 12:42 PM)
Why on earth would you start Brady over Rivers, especially given those matchups (kind of a response to Rowand here).

You ride Rivers. He's legitimately my 3rd ranked QB in the league this week with that matchup against Oakland (behind Manning against Dallas whom Rivers shredded last week and Rodgers against Detroit).

Brady hasn't been very impressive at all this year. Rivers has been a monster and all of his statistics say it's for real.

And he's f***ing playing Oakland.

Cinci and Oakland are almost identical in pass defense this year so the matchup is basically moot. Brady also gets one of his weapons back and has progressively been getting better the last few weeks after a terrible week 2. Obviously Rivers has been better so far this season but I'll take Brady for the rest of the season, starting with this week.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 12:48 PM)
Cinci and Oakland are almost identical in pass defense this year so the matchup is basically moot. Brady also gets one of his weapons back and has progressively been getting better the last few weeks after a terrible week 2. Obviously Rivers has been better so far this season but I'll take Brady for the rest of the season, starting with this week.

sig bet

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 10:49 AM)
Except in the case of the guy who's trading you Julio Jones, his WRs besides Julio and James Jones are bad.

It's not like he's loaded at WR and only needed a good TE to succeed. I don't know what he's doing, but it appears he's just making wild trade offers to people.

If I were you, I'd be happy I got Giovanni Bernard for Alshon Jeffrey.

You laugh, but it is now inevitable that Bernard will tear an ACL while Alshon racks up 100 catches

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 11:41 AM)
I had a guy who picked Michael Turner as his second RB and he's 2-2. It's fantasy football, people are bound to get lucky even when their team is awful and they have no idea what they're doing.

You can manage your team however you like. Nobody's going to tell you who to start on Sunday. Nobody's going to tell you who to pick up on waivers. But if you make a trade that is clearly advantageous to one party, it shouldn't be approved. If I'm the guy who's 1 game behind the guy you traded Adrian Peterson to, just because you really love Dewayne Bowe, is that really fair to me? Is it fair to the other guy who's also 1 game behind? It might be your team, but it's not your league. Everyone in the league should have a say in what goes or what doesn't. Because a lopsided trade, even if there is no foul play involved, can affect those in the league in a negative way.

Baseball and football teams claim guys on waivers just to block teams higher in the standings all the time. If you don't think that's wrong, then there is no way vetoing a lopsided trade is wrong.

We're tied in the standings in Week 13. Your playing a guy who decides he likes the matchup and starts an inferior QB, let's say Andy Dalton, instead of someone like Matt Stafford. I need you to lose, but since the person you are playing is being an idiot, you're being put in clearly an advantageous situation. How is that fair to me?

A bad start/sit move, even if there is no foul play involved, can affect those in the league in a negative way.

This kind of attitude frustrates me to no end. Assuming everything is on the up and up and no foul play or poor intent is involved, managers need to be allowed to manage their team the way they see fit. If everyone in the world disagrees with them, so be it. It's not their team.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 01:26 PM)
I'd love to play in leagues with people like you.

I'd love to play a lineup against people like you using Blackmon especially in a money league.

Edited by Soxfest

Just traded Larry Fitzgerarld/Eric Decker/Chris Johnson for Calvin Johnson/Trent Richardson/Kenny Britt.

I had a ton of good WR so I dealt for an elite one and added to my RB stable.

This now gives me:

QB Manning

RB Rice/Bush/Bernard/Trent/Bradshaw

WR Calvin/Garcon/S. Johnson/Blackmon/N. Washington/Jeffery/Britt

TE Olsen

D/ST Panthers

K Gould

Now I'd love to figure out a way to package those 2 of those RB not named Bush plus a WR for an elite RB.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)
For the rest of the season? Sure.

I mean I'll do one for this week too because why not but as I said I don't think you can go wrong either way(though I like Brady a little bit better).

I was talking about this week.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 4, 2013 -> 01:25 PM)
We're tied in the standings in Week 13. Your playing a guy who decides he likes the matchup and starts an inferior QB, let's say Andy Dalton, instead of someone like Matt Stafford. I need you to lose, but since the person you are playing is being an idiot, you're being put in clearly an advantageous situation. How is that fair to me?

A bad start/sit move, even if there is no foul play involved, can affect those in the league in a negative way.

This kind of attitude frustrates me to no end. Assuming everything is on the up and up and no foul play or poor intent is involved, managers need to be allowed to manage their team the way they see fit. If everyone in the world disagrees with them, so be it. It's not their team.

Starting the wrong player is far different than ripping someone else off in a trade.

Edited by chw42