RG3 The Will To Win Documentary

Steve9347

I have to say, I think Hawk's TWTW thing is stupid and overblown, but I will honestly be pretty pissed if someone this phrase from Hawk and transforms in to an RG3 thing, and all the sudden we see TWTW shirts with RG3 all over them and it's some big National thing. That would actually piss me off.

Edited by Chilihead90

"The Will to Win" has been in and out of Gatorade's ads and marketing lingo for a while now. If anyone's getting sued, its Hawk and not visa versa. Though I doubt Gatorade gives a s***, since they use statistics and trends to determine the effectiveness of ad campaigns.

Edited by Jillian Michaels' Abs

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 02:48 PM)
I have to say, I think Hawk's TWTW thing is stupid and overblown....

I agree in as much as Hawk's dismissal of "modern" statistical player evaluations is short sited and comes off as bitter old guy. However, TWTW in some manner is what most people point to when they compare someone like LeBron James to Michael Jordan (or insert your own example of hero of yesteryear to current player). They always point to Michael's will and refusal to lose as the thing that separates him from everyone. Bill Russell had TWTW. Wilt Chamberlain did not. Really, how is it acceptable for ex-jocks and broadcasters to constantly say things like that, but Hawk's TWTW is the subject of ridicule?

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)
I agree in as much as Hawk's dismissal of "modern" statistical player evaluations is short sited and comes off as bitter old guy. However, TWTW in some manner is what most people point to when they compare someone like LeBron James to Michael Jordan (or insert your own example of hero of yesteryear to current player). They always point to Michael's will and refusal to lose as the thing that separates him from everyone. Bill Russell had TWTW. Wilt Chamberlain did not. Really, how is it acceptable for ex-jocks and broadcasters to constantly say things like that, but Hawk's TWTW is the subject of ridicule?

And i would call people who try to use "TWTW" to compare lebron and MJ morons. lebron has "TWTW"