Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 06:25 AM)
Your it's fun reasoning is one hell of a slippery slope.

Thank God you weren't in krush.

The Krush has to be one of the worst student sections out there. I'm glad I was not in it either. I'm not giving any reason for rushing the court. I simply don't care what college kids decide to do with their time. If you dont like the idea of it for legality or danger issues then you have to be against all court rushings.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

I have rushed the court exactly once...when Cal State Fullerton made the dance. I will admit, it was fun!!! I will also admit, that Cal STate Fullerton fans rushing the court is a half assed rush of the court, given the fact that there are like 100 people rushing the court, haha.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 11:02 PM)
When I went to Wisconsin they brought out armed police to stop students from rushing the field when Dayne broke the all time record and Wisconsin went to the Rose Bowl.

The reason was in 1993 there was almost a death due to the field rush.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/foo...19bb2963f4.html

So with that being said I think people should maybe be a little more judicious about storming the floor.

How many kids have died due to alcohol poisoning over the same timer period?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 10:20 PM)
Farmteam,

Correct me if wrong but Olidapo and Zeller were 1st NBA draft picks.

You said at the Hoosiers' "lowest" so I talked about the 08-09, 09-10 and 10-11 squads. Zeller was never there during that time period. And I don't think Oladipo was even sniffing a draft board after 10-11 (his freshman year). I don't even know what point you're trying to make anymore.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 14, 2014 -> 11:33 PM)
The Krush has to be one of the worst student sections out there. I'm glad I was not in it either. I'm not giving any reason for rushing the court. I simply don't care what college kids decide to do with their time. If you dont like the idea of it for legality or danger issues then you have to be against all court rushings.

Haha, whatever you say. They need more guys like you SO EVERYONE RUSHES THE COURT EVERY GAME.

You are giving a reason, you're saying because it's fun.

I don't like the idea of it for multiple reasons. If there was never another floor rush, I'd be ok with it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 05:07 PM)
Haha, whatever you say. They need more guys like you SO EVERYONE RUSHES THE COURT EVERY GAME.

You are giving a reason, you're saying because it's fun.

I don't like the idea of it for multiple reasons. If there was never another floor rush, I'd be ok with it.

They do do it because it's fun I imagine. If they have some other reason to, I certainly don't give a s***. I'm not looking for one. Im not going to sit and pretend to be all high and mighty about the legality or safety of it. Then I'd just be an old man yelling at clouds. But I give you that it is a better reason then some stupid made up standard that you should only rush the court given some circumstances. Looking for sanctity from a bunch of 20 year old crazed mostly male college students is hilarious to me.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 10:11 AM)
They do do it because it's fun I imagine. If they have some other reason to, I certainly don't give a s***. I'm not going to sit and pretend to be all high and mighty about the legality or safety of it. Then I'd just be an old man yelling at clouds. But I give you that it is a better reason then some stupid made up standard that you should only rush the court given some circumstances. Looking for sanctity from a bunch of 20 year old crazed mostly male college students is hilarious to me.

High and mighty. Lol. It makes the win look stupid and surprising. Its the overrated chant, just 10x worse if the situation doesn't call for it.

And actually, there were games where a few people would want to rush and the majority told them no. So there can indeed be discretion.

But hey, games would be more fun if everyone rushed every game.

Why stop in college? Why not pro games too?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 10:30 AM)
Looking for sanctity from a bunch of 20 year old crazed mostly male college students is still hilarious to me. Who cares? You won. As for the Krush good Lord, using the word suck is a capital offense. So yeah their holier than thou attitude doesn't surprise me on anything.

God, I'm living with such regret, we really should have been rushing every game in 04-05 to have fun and show everyone how surprised we were that we won.

One of the best moments was NOT rushing vs Wake Forest.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 04:38 PM)
No, totally the worst, because we didn't rush the floor. Just wasn't fun enough.

That sucks then. I think you need to stop thinking like that though. Sounds pretty boring. I didn't rush the court last year vs Indiana but for those who did though it looked like they had fun. I personally had fun celebrating in the stands. Them rushing certainly did not affect my fun. To each their own though, just let them do what they want to do.

Excuse me for interrupting on the court storm debate (Which is stupid... who cares what a bunch of drunk 20 year old kids are doing)...

Just have to drop this awesome quote by Trevon Jackson from last night... "We didn't play well at all, but I think that a lot of that has to do with the way the game was called... A lot of us didn't want to foul … I think that we couldn't really challenge as good as we wanted too because of some of the fouls that were being called."

Sounds a lot like Ryan... Wisconsin had 3 fouls with 2:30 left in the 2nd half. 5 fouls with :28 seconds left.

WTF are these two talking about? They barely called any fouls... Of course it didn't help their interior defense parted like the Red Sea when Ferrell and Robinson came through.

There used to be more of rushing the floor and the field, even in the pros, just look at the video of the Sox clinching the 1983 West, than there is today.

I wouldn't do it, but I don't think college kids rush the floor or the field because they are surpised they won. They rush it because they are celebrating a big win.

I don't see why it bothers anyone who is watching on television. If you got rushed and knocked down at the event, I could see an argument.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
That sucks then. I think you need to stop thinking like that though. Sounds pretty boring. I didn't rush the court last year vs Indiana but for those who did though it looked like they had fun. I personally had fun celebrating in the stands. Them rushing certainly did not affect my fun. To each their own though, just let them do what they want to do.

At least that one had some sense behind it.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 10:43 AM)
Excuse me for interrupting on the court storm debate (Which is stupid... who cares what a bunch of drunk 20 year old kids are doing)...

Just have to drop this awesome quote by Trevon Jackson from last night... "We didn't play well at all, but I think that a lot of that has to do with the way the game was called... A lot of us didn't want to foul … I think that we couldn't really challenge as good as we wanted too because of some of the fouls that were being called."

Sounds a lot like Ryan... Wisconsin had 3 fouls with 2:30 left in the 2nd half. 5 fouls with :28 seconds left.

WTF are these two talking about? They barely called any fouls... Of course it didn't help their interior defense parted like the Red Sea when Ferrell and Robinson came through.

Yogi carved them up. I honestly can't remember anyone getting to the rim like that against WI since Ryan has coached there.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
You said at the Hoosiers' "lowest" so I talked about the 08-09, 09-10 and 10-11 squads. Zeller was never there during that time period. And I don't think Oladipo was even sniffing a draft board after 10-11 (his freshman year). I don't even know what point you're trying to make anymore.

The point is for the last 6 years Indiana fans have been making excuses. At what point do you just own up to the fact that Indiana isnt on Wisconsin's level?

You guys are all so obsessed with Wisconsin. Even Dakich was saying the refs were calling joke fouls on Indiana.

But who cares, sometimes you win games you shouldnt, sometimes you lose a game you should. Its not like most people thought Wisconsin would be Big10 champ, in fact to start the season Wisconsin was ranked #21 and Indiana was #24.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball.../1/seasontype/2

Just kind of hilarious that a team that was supposed to be as good as Wisconsin rushed the floor when they beat them.

So the point is, you can keep saying Indiana doesnt have talent, but last year they were pre-season #1 and didnt beat Wisconsin.

Indiana played a good game and won. On to the next one.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 12:08 PM)
The point is for the last 6 years Indiana fans have been making excuses. At what point do you just own up to the fact that Indiana isnt on Wisconsin's level?

You guys are all so obsessed with Wisconsin. Even Dakich was saying the refs were calling joke fouls on Indiana.

But who cares, sometimes you win games you shouldnt, sometimes you lose a game you should. Its not like most people thought Wisconsin would be Big10 champ, in fact to start the season Wisconsin was ranked #21 and Indiana was #24.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball.../1/seasontype/2

Just kind of hilarious that a team that was supposed to be as good as Wisconsin rushed the floor when they beat them.

So the point is, you can keep saying Indiana doesnt have talent, but last year they were pre-season #1 and didnt beat Wisconsin.

Indiana played a good game and won. On to the next one.

lol, butthurt much?

WE'RE ALL OBSESSED WITH WISCONSIN!!! Get on Wisconsin's level? Wisconsin has been good under Bo, but come on. No one is striving to be Wisconsin in the postseason.

A team that's supposed to be as good as Wisconsin? Who the heck thinks/thought that? Indiana is one of the youngest teams in the country.

So the point is, "you keep saying Indiana doesn't have talent"... Can you read, he talked about Creans first 2-3 years when walkons, JUCOS and freshman were playing majority of Indiana's minutes. What does last year have to do with that? The goal last year wasn't to beat Wisconsin. It was to make the final four and have a chance to win it all. It didn't happen, but that's life.

I'm not even sure you can even keep up with your own arguements at this point. I'm still laughing at Ryan and Wisconsin crying about fouls. WHAT FOULS? There were like 15 called on Wisconsin ALL NIGHT.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 15, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)

There were two calls last night that I thought had a big impact. The charge against Wisconsin with about 10 seconds left in the first half (Gasser maybe?). Going to the replay, Dakich was preparing a lecture about extending your arm, then corrected himself when no arm was extended. The second was the and 1 Yogi Ferrell got that I think was Jackson's 4th foul. Jackson didn't touch him, but Ferrell simulated contact and got the call (I think Yogi Ferrell may have spent the offseason at the Brandon Paul School for Selling Contact).

Other than that (and a couple no calls against Wisconsin early in the game), I thought it was pretty consistent both ways.

On Indiana, I've been impressed by Robinson's development and Yogi Ferrell is a beast. If Robinson continues to give Indiana a viable 3rd or 4th scoring option, they will be dangerous this year.

Indiana fans are obsessed with Wisconsin.

Butthurt?

I dont care that Wisconsin lost last night. I had a feeling it was going to happen. Winning on the road in the Big10 is difficult, especially at a place like Indiana.

Its just always an excuse "youngest team", "inherited 0 scholarships".

WE'RE ALL OBSESSED WITH WISCONSIN!!! Get on Wisconsin's level? Wisconsin has been good under Bo, but come on. No one is striving to be Wisconsin in the postseason.

This is exactly what Im talking about. Wisconsin has a top 5 active streak for NCAA tournament appearances, Indiana not so much.

Youd think fans of your program would have a little humility.

But nah, they are the most egotistical fans I have ever seen. You arent OSU, you arent MSU, you arent even Wisconsin. Believe what you want, but those are the facts.

Youve finished above 8 in the Big10 1 time since Crean took over. Wisconsin hasnt finished under 4 in a decade.

Who are you crapping?

Im laughing, you won a home game, rushed the court, while at the same time saying Wisconsin isnt enviable.

Which is it, it cant be both.

Edited by Soxbadger