9/15 vs Indians

flavum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that Semien is competing up here, but I really think he is going to need more MiLB time. The strikeouts, lack of walks, and ~1.000 BABIP tells me his numbers would be due for a yucky regression. Maybe he can be ready mid-season next year. Weirder things have happened than a guy like him just figuring it out, though.

Also, I thought I was on the wrong page when I looked at Phegley's wRC+. That'll make you beg and plead for Flowers

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 07:35 PM)
I love that Semien is competing up here, but I really think he is going to need more MiLB time. The strikeouts, lack of walks, and ~1.000 BABIP tells me his numbers would be due for a yucky regression. Maybe he can be ready mid-season next year. Weirder things have happened than a guy like him just figuring it out, though.

Also, I thought I was on the wrong page when I looked at Phegley's wRC+. That'll make you beg and plead for Flowers

Welcome to the world of developing young talent.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 07:01 PM)
I'm thinking they'll try to trade Alexei and they won't be able to, so they trade Beckham.

Probably the best way out of a bad situation unless somebody, anybody takes on Ramirez contract. You don't want to pay Beckham too because he looks like a finished product and it isn't good enough to be part of the core. On top of all that, the quicker they settle on Semien at one position the better.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 07:17 PM)
This would be the first time the Indians have ever swept the same opponent in a 4-game series three times in the same season.

That's probably rare for the Yankees.

And with all that, they are still just "contending" for the consolation prize to the consolation prize.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
I know, pretty lame after sweeping 3 four-game series from the Sox.

You're so desperate for the sox to lose that you just described being 1/2 game out of the wild card (after today) as "pretty lame" so that people can't compare the Sox and the tribe.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 07:39 PM)
You're so desperate for the sox to lose that you just described being 1/2 game out of the wild card (after today) as "pretty lame" so that people can't compare the Sox and the tribe.

Sorry Balta, it is pretty lame when you take 12 like that from the Sox.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 08:43 PM)
Sorry Balta, it is pretty lame when you take 12 like that from the Sox.

Yeah, I know, being 1/2 game out of the wild card absolutely stinks. You're totally right, incredibly lame. How would any team want to participate in the playoffs. What a joke. The real fun is winning 60 games because then you can b**** about it online and tell everyone how smart you are! That's the real goal of baseball. That's the opposite of lame.

What's lame is the unbalanced schedule. The Indians played the teams on their schedule and they've won enough to this point to contend. Nothing they should feel bad about. What's incredible is that they lost 15 games to the Tigers and are still in it for a playoff spot.