9/15 vs Indians

flavum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 07:46 PM)
What's lame is the unbalanced schedule. The Indians played the teams on their schedule and they've won enough to this point to contend. Nothing they should feel bad about. What's incredible is that they lost 15 games to the Tigers and are still in it for a playoff spot.

Exactly.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
Exactly.

Yeah I know. It's totally unfair that the Indians get to pile up wins against crappy teams like the Twins and White Sox.

They need to earn their playoff spots like the Athletics and Tigers are doing, by beating the Astros and the Mariners. Now that's how you earn a playoff spot! They should be proud.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 07:54 PM)
Yeah I know. It's totally unfair that the Indians get to pile up wins against crappy teams like the Twins and White Sox.

They need to earn their playoff spots like the Athletics and Tigers are doing, by beating the Astros and the Mariners. Now that's how you earn a playoff spot! They should be proud.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but this is a solid point.

Edited by Marty34

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 08:55 PM)
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but this is a solid point.

Considering that the Twins and White Sox combined have 5 more wins than the Mariners and Astros, clearly you should be embarrassed by that post.

But then, you're too busy celebrating white sox losses to actually know a thing about baseball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)
Considering that the Twins and White Sox combined have 5 more wins than the Mariners and Astros, clearly you should be embarrassed by that post.

But then, you're too busy celebrating white sox losses to actually know a thing about baseball.

Marty claiming personal attack in 5,4,3,2.........

His entire routine just repeats itself over and over. If you don't know the score of the game or how the Sox are doing, go to Soxtalk. If Marty is posting, the Sox are losing. He is in his glory.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)

That's a personal attack.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 07:25 PM)
Beckham now batting .202 since the ASB. It pains me to say this, but there's really no reason to bring him back next season.

Agreed.

Although you want to get rid of Viciedo and maybe DeAza too, I think we need to give Dayan at least one more season before throwing in the towel on him.

Beckham's to the point where he has marginal trade value, at best. DeAza would be a more valuable piece to an equal or greater number of teams, arguably.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 16, 2013 -> 01:29 AM)
Agreed.

Although you want to get rid of Viciedo and maybe DeAza too, I think we need to give Dayan at least one more season before throwing in the towel on him.

Beckham's to the point where he has marginal trade value, at best. DeAza would be a more valuable piece to an equal or greater number of teams, arguably.

I don't want to get rid of De Aza at all. He should be the left fielder for this team next year. However, I have a feeling he's the scapegoat for all of this team's execution issues.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 08:25 PM)
Beckham now batting .202 since the ASB. It pains me to say this, but there's really no reason to bring him back next season.

I'd move Ramirez back to 2B and let L. Garcia take over at SS. Beckham would make a great utility infielder but he may be getting too expensive for that. If they can't get anything worthwhile for him let him platoon at 3B with Gillaspie until they get a legit third baseman.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 08:31 PM)
I don't want to get rid of De Aza at all. He should be the left fielder for this team next year. However, I have a feeling he's the scapegoat for all of this team's execution issues.

I don't think De Aza will be worth keeping around until 2016. At this point Viciedo should get until at leat the All-Star break next year unless there's a deal that makes sense of course.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 08:25 PM)

GB is going to get way too expensive arbitration wise the production just not there.

It's ugly how many players we probably could make arguments not to come back or be the starter...

1) DeAza

2) Viciedo

3) Beckham

4) Ramirez

5) Flowers/Phegley or Phegley/Flowers (based on your perspective)

6) Gillaspie (unless platooning) and Keppinger

That pretty much leaves Avisail Garcia, Dunn, Leury Garcia (utility) and Semien as the only "interesting" position players from any standpoint, although I'm still cautiously optimistic about Viciedo.

With DeAza, he's getting more expensive and the defensive shortcomings and wear and tear sort of are weighing him down in my mind...he's gone from more of a leadoff guy to a bottom of the order hitter, IMO. Or the perfect 4th outfielder on a playoff caliber team. Maybe he's a starter for the Pirates or Reds, a couple of NL teams.

De Aza goodbye, viciedo short leash, I think semien is the leading candidate for the 2nd base job next year. Gillaspie has done ok for what we paid but his throwing issues are a concern. Lexi has gotten better if he can consistently what he did this season I'm ok with him for another year, just keep up the stolen bases, getting hits and defense what ever power is a bonus. I think flowers is done with this team, and Jordan danks will probably given a shot. Remember what ever we draft might be almost major league ready.

We need to look to develop or draft a good defensive first baseman, would like a left handed fielder/hitter. I think the sox are gonna focus on speed with a balance of power.

For the pitching I think Santiago will be ok but has to trust his whole repertoire especially the curve

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 08:38 PM)
They have to let Konerko go too. Great career, but he has no place on a team like this next year. Time to turn the page.

Agreed. I can't even stand to pay attention anymore. Move on. Next. (Before Greg protests, Konerko's the greatest Sox player of the post-Thomas generation, and he's always going to be appreciated by Sox fans, JR, statues, Konerko Days, etc.)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 09:43 PM)
Agreed. I can't even stand to pay attention anymore. Move on. Next. (Before Greg protests, Konerko's the greatest Sox player of the post-Thomas generation, and he's always going to be appreciated by Sox fans, JR, statues, Konerko Days, etc.)

speaking of konerko, what is Dye doing now a days? maybe he could play RF while avisail garcia plays center. Dye is a white sox legend. I'm sure he could still hit.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 15, 2013 -> 11:00 PM)
If Alexei is here, he must play SS. He's one of the game's best defensive shortstops, stupid errors or not

He's gotten better, and I'm one of the most harsh on Lexi, just needs to keep his head in the game. Now de aza on the other hand.....