'Ace'(?) or 'Tub O' Goo'? Part 23

Guest Ncorgbl

You're just throwing more red meat at HSC with that.  This is a huge game for us , again, and I think that Colon will defenitely show up tonight & kick some New York f***ing Yankee ass.

No, HSC and I share the same opinion on Goo-boy.

Yep. They both think he sucks.

LOL.. just giving mike and tony something else to b**** about. :lolhitting

yep we do share the same thoughts on colon.. so what... hes not what he once was........no biggie....

as if i give two s***s what they b**** about.......who cares...... :huh:

OK Michelle.. that one flew right over ya... :P

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep we do share the same thoughts on colon.. so what... hes not what he once was........no biggie....

In a previous thread, I laid Colon's stats out and with the exception of win-loss record, his stats are EXACTLY what he once was. In some cases, they're even better than they have been the last few years. If you want to hate him based on your opinion that he half-asses it out on the mound a lot of the time, then fine, but to say he wasn't what he once was is incorrect.

Guest hotsoxchick1

In a previous thread, I laid Colon's stats out and with the exception of win-loss record, his stats are EXACTLY what he once was. In some cases, they're even better than they have been the last few years. If you want to hate him based on your opinion that he half-asses it out on the mound a lot of the time, then fine, but to say he wasn't what he once was is incorrect.

better???? hes gonna be lucky to hit close to 20 games this year.....this is not a case where less is better..........

You guys make him sound like Chan Ho Park, Darren Driefort, or Jamie Navarro. Take money out of the equation and what is the difference between Bartolo Colon and Mark Buerhle? I am saying this as I think they make great #2 pitchers behind CY Loiza. Not trying to bum rap anyone but the view of Colon is pretty jaded compared to the fact he and Buerhle have pretty similar stats, assuming Colon LOSSES tonight.

better???? hes gonna be lucky to hit close to 20 games this year.....this is not a case where less is better..........

There's too many other factors in play concerning a pitcher's record, you can't seriously think he's a worse pitcher when A)His ERA is almost dead on his career average, B)His WHIP is almost exactly the same as his career average and C)His strikeout totals project to be better than they were last year. If you just use record to determine a pitcher's worth, Cory Lidle is a better pitcher than Mark Buehrle this year. You agree with that?

Unfortunately, I fully expect our "Tub O Goo" to return tonight, letting the Yanks pick up game 2 unless the offense explodes again. And we all know how the O usually is after scoring double digit runs the night before. Then again, maybe he'll feel like he "needs to step up" since the team is performing, in his own words. What a big game pitcher he is this year.

Guest Ncorgbl
I just dont understand how you can chop up Colon and spit him out when we need a solid effort tonight.

You are no fan--you just want attention, and thats why you probably are ten years old.

:snr

Bozo, if you're talking to me, have the guts to say so. If not, nevermind.

Which Colon will show up tonight?

7 IP, 2 ER, 10 K's -- you tell me which one showed up.

I think the 'plan' against Wells will be some 'small ball', as much as we'd like a dozen or more runs a night, it ain't gonna happen, and David's back has been acting up, Manuel has a good memory.

You're right about one thing -- we didn't get a dozen runs tonight. We only got 11.

So, will 'Goo' hold and wait for some runs from his friends, or will he get impatient, figure they won't show up and just mail it in?

:rolleyes:

I think our 'Tub O' Goo' is going to get shelled. I don't think he will step up, going maybe 4 innings. The pen will bail us out and our penchant for later in the game hitting will win it for us, no thanks to Goo-boy.

Double :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But that's just me. :fyou

No, :fyou, dips***.

Guest Ncorgbl
7 IP, 2 ER, 10 K's -- you tell me which one showed up.

You're right about one thing -- we didn't get a dozen runs tonight.  We only got 11.

:rolleyes:

Double  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

No,  :fyou, dips***.

I hope you enjoyed that, asshole.

As wrote, and just as Colon was quoted, when his teammates showed up it was time for ooBoy to "show who he is".

If that's your hero, if 12-11 is your idea of a $12+ million pitcher, you can have him. It tells me just what you know about baseball. They play 162 games, and not just the last one.

If that's your hero, if 12-11 is your idea of a $12+ million pitcher, you can have him. It tells me just what you know about baseball. They play 162 games, and not just the last one.

Um...no athlete is my hero. Maybe when I was 11, but not now. And when did I say he's worth $12M? :huh:

You seem to like putting words in other people's mouths to try and prove some kind of point. Why that is, I don't know, but your tactics are sickening. You clearly have some kind of agenda here, so your words mean nothing to me nor most others here I would wager.

Guest Ncorgbl
Um...no athlete is my hero.  Maybe when I was 11, but not now.  And when did I say he's worth $12M?    :huh:

You seem to like putting words in other people's mouths to try and prove some kind of point.  Why that is, I don't know, but your tactics are sickening.  You clearly have some kind of agenda here, so your words mean nothing to me nor most others here I would wager.

Agenda? Yea, I want the Sox to win the division and advance to the World Series. That's my agenda.

My words that "...mean nothing to me nor most others here I would wager." are clearly in that pursuit, and not aimed ar defending a guy because of two good performances in a row. Had he pitched as he has billed himself we'd have at least a 4 game lead, and not be tied in the loss column.

No one is as good or as bad as their last game, it's a 162 game season and they all count. To think that Colon is anything at all near an 'Ace' or 'stud' because he beat the Yankees is absurd. With his 11 losses, and his no decisions he didn't step up as often as he has. That's my beef with the guy. It's one thing to get beat, to not have your 'stuff', to get off to a poor start, but that's not GooBoy. With him it's solely effort or lack thereof, depending on his whim.

I didn't put words in your mouth, you chose to defend Colon. You went with 'Ace'. He's your hero, not mine.

:fyou :fyou

Agenda? Yea, I want the Sox to win the division and advance to the World Series. That's my agenda.

:rolleyes:. It's deeper than that, buddy, and you know it.

My words that "...mean nothing to me nor most others here I would wager." are clearly in that pursuit, and not aimed ar defending a guy because of two good performances in a row.

Um...I'm defending him not because of "two good performances in a row", but rather because of about 5-6 years of being one of the better pitchers in all of baseball.

Had he pitched as he has billed himself we'd have at least a 4 game lead, and not be tied in the loss column.

Dude, couldn't you say that about almost ANY of our players this year? If Buehrle hadn't lost 10 of his first 12 decisions, wouldn't we have a bigger lead? If we had a 2nd baseman with a brain for the whole year, wouldn't we have a bigger lead? If Crede and Konerko hadn't struggled for the first 3 months, wouldn't we have a bigger lead? If Koch had been the closer he was in Oakland, wouldn't we have a bigger lead? My point is -- this is a TEAM game -- why pin the blame on 1 guy?

No one is as good or as bad as their last game, it's a 162 game season and they all count.

I know they all count, but does 1 bad (and when I say bad, his ERA is just slightly over 4, which isn't all that bad) season cancel out what he's done in the first 120+ starts of his career? He's nearly 40 games over .500 in his career man, that's good. Not many pitchers can say that.

To think that Colon is anything at all near an 'Ace' or 'stud' because he beat the Yankees is absurd.

When did anyone say he's now a stud or an ace just because of beating the Yankees? :huh: He was a stud before yesterday, and he's an ace on most ML teams. That's fact.

I didn't put words in your mouth you went with 'Ace'.

Um...I never called Bartolo our ace. From the start of the season, I've maintained that Buehrle is our ace (I was an advocate of MB starting on opening day, not Colon), and once the season started to play out, our ace in my eyes became Loaiza. At NO point have I EVER called Colon our ace. If you can pull a post out of the archives that says otherwise, please do.

He's your hero, not mine.

There you go again. Once again dude, listen closely -- NO PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE IS MY HERO. GOT IT? Stop putting words into other people's mouths, agenda boy.

PS -- :fyou too.

Guest Ncorgbl
:rolleyes:.  It's deeper than that, buddy, and you know it.

Um...I'm defending him not because of "two good performances in a row", but rather because of about 5-6 years of being one of the better pitchers in all of baseball.

Dude, couldn't you say that about almost ANY of our players this year?  If Buehrle hadn't lost 10 of his first 12 decisions, wouldn't we have a bigger lead?  If we had a 2nd baseman with a brain for the whole year, wouldn't we have a bigger lead?  If Crede and Konerko hadn't struggled for the first 3 months, wouldn't we have a bigger lead?  If Koch had been the closer he was in Oakland, wouldn't we have a bigger lead?  My point is -- this is a TEAM game -- why pin the blame on 1 guy?

I know they all count, but does 1 bad (and when I say bad, his ERA is just slightly over 4, which isn't all that bad) season cancel out what he's done in the first 120+ starts of his career?  He's nearly 40 games over .500 in his career man, that's good.  Not many pitchers can say that.

When did anyone say he's now a stud or an ace just because of beating the Yankees? :huh: He was a stud before yesterday, and he's an ace on most ML teams.  That's fact.

Um...I never called Bartolo our ace.  From the start of the season, I've maintained that Buehrle is our ace (I was an advocate of MB starting on opening day, not Colon), and once the season started to play out, our ace in my eyes became Loaiza.  At NO point have I EVER called Colon our ace.  If you can pull a post out of the archives that says otherwise, please do.

There you go again.  Once again dude, listen closely -- NO PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE IS MY HERO.  GOT IT?  Stop putting words into other people's mouths, agenda boy.

PS --  :fyou too.

I am not your buddy.

GooBoy's record elswhere makes his record here worse.

Did Buehrle, Crede, Konerko, Valentin, anyone else, NOT make an effort in any game you saw? Did Koch EVER quit? Players mess up, players have slumps, hell, Thomas is hitting in the .260s still. But did any single one not try? Did any single one just 'mail it in'? Did anyone not make an EFFORT? Only Colon.

As I've said many times, I don't care who he was a 'stud' for, who he'd be an 'Ace' for, how good his record is elswhere, I only care what he's done for the White Sox. That's now 12-11 with some no decisions.

The question was 'Ace or Tub O' Goo', you chose Ace. Go back and read it. I didnt put words in your mouth, those are my words from my mouth, to me he's your hero. Got it? Don't takecredit for what I write, denialboy. :fyou :fyou :fyou