Tigers vs. Athletics Threads

LittleHurt05

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 06:18 PM)
HR being reviewed.

The ball was going over but the ball was going to be out anyways. Hm.

I think Reddick would have caught it if the fan didn't reach over (although the ball would have left the field of play, but Reddick looked like he was going to get a glove on it). Someone on the Tigers should get that guy season tickets. He might have saved their season.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 01:11 AM)
I think Reddick would have caught it if the fan didn't reach over (although the ball would have left the field of play, but Reddick looked like he was going to get a glove on it). Someone on the Tigers should get that guy season tickets. He might have saved their season.

Can you rule fan interference off of an instant replay in MLB?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 09:24 AM)
Can you rule fan interference off of an instant replay in MLB?

Yep, that was one of the three things they showed on the graphic when they were reviewing it. I thought it was a terrible non call, the fans clearly reached over the yellow line and obstructed Reddicks ability to catch the ball.

That being said, the A's had bases loaded with no outs the very next inning and didnt score. Cant pin that on the fans

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 09:02 AM)
Yep, that was one of the three things they showed on the graphic when they were reviewing it. I thought it was a terrible non call, the fans clearly reached over the yellow line and obstructed Reddicks ability to catch the ball.

That being said, the A's had bases loaded with no outs the very next inning and didnt score. Cant pin that on the fans

Puig would have had it.

So it's now one of the top 3-5 interference calls/non-calls of all-time, along with Bartman and Jeffrey Maier (Yankees/Orioles).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 10:54 AM)
Puig would have had it.

So it's now one of the top 3-5 interference calls/non-calls of all-time, along with Bartman and Jeffrey Maier (Yankees/Orioles).

I'm not sure the Bartman play was actually interference. The ball was above the railing, meaning it was not in the field of play, aka not interference.

3-0...bungled the double play, low throw from Donaldson, Callaspo couldn't control it on the transfer. Could easily have been no out recorded at 2nd base.

That's the weakness of Alberto, he's not a very good defender...trying to get the extra offense into the line-up.

Well, it seems the four best overall teams will be in the respective championship series...which is going to be fun.

However, hard to root for either the Tigers or Red Sox.

That leaves everyone rooting for the Dodgers or Cardinals, who are not exactly the most sympathetic of organizations.