What about Viciedo to Mariners?

brian310

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 05:07 PM)
Now that either De Aza or Viciedo are going to be possibly dealt, do you guys think we can get a respectable deal for Viciedo from Seattle who could use an outfield power bat?

Timely post. If you like Ackley (shifting to 3B for the Sox) that's recently been proposed by Jack Z. I believe Rick countered with Franklin. Stay tuned.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 05:14 PM)
Timely post. If you like Ackley (shifting to 3B for the Sox) that's recently been proposed by Jack Z. I believe Rick countered with Franklin. Stay tuned.

Haha where did you see this at? And not a fan of Ackley really. Rather see Franklin

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 05:17 PM)
The idea of Ackley at 3rd base is not good, IMO. If you're getting Ackley, you might as well trade Beckham as Gillaspie provides better offense than Ackley.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of it either. Ackley is Seattle's Beckham. Just thought it was an interesting nugget I heard.

Sounds like kind of of a mixed camp at 3B but it's really hot focus for the F.O. They are really active in talks so far down at the meetings. Seems like more than the past few years.

I wouldn't be suprised if they make a few more deals this week. 3B is the focus.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 05:24 PM)
Agreed. I'm not a fan of it either. Ackley is Seattle's Beckham. Just thought it was an interesting nugget I heard.

Sounds like kind of of a mixed camp at 3B but it's really hot focus for the F.O. They are really active in talks so far down at the meetings. Seems like more than the past few years.

I wouldn't be suprised if they make a few more deals this week. 3B is the focus.

I always appreciate when you post Bucket. Great news!

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 05:24 PM)

Do you think they have a preference for which of Viciedo/ADA stays, all things being equal? Of course, things won't be equal due to the trade market, but I can't decide which they'd rather see. Still a whole hell of a lot of potential value in 24-year-old Dayan, but more certainty in ADA

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)
They'd prefer to keep DV over ADA as he's younger and an org guy with potentially more upside.

Sounds like ADA has a broader market since he's more productive for contenders. I wouldn't expect a huge return but I do think he'll be dealt.

Good enough. This is a two year project anyway.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)
I'd guess the mariners would have more interest in Viciedo, they are starved for power. Not sure who I'd prefer between Franklin and Ackley.

Highly assumed presumption - based on the trade of Eaton... Even if Seattle gave in with Franklin - that offers likely off the table.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:16 PM)
What about De Aza or Viciedo plus prospects for Seager?

I wouldn't mind Seager one bit. I really like Murphy but Seager is younger and under control for a few more years than Murphy. Can't go wrong either way in my eyes. ADA or Viciedo plus bullpen arm for Seager?

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:15 PM)
I'd still like to move Dayan back to 3B.

Forget UZR or DRS or Tango numbers...let's use good old fielding percentage, shall we?

Viciedo, in his one full season at the position in 2009, had an .894 fielding percentage. It improved slightly the next year, but was down to .897 in his brief time there in the majors.

He is an absolutely brutal defensive 3B.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 06:21 PM)
Highly assumed presumption - based on the trade of Eaton... Even if Seattle gave in with Franklin - that offers likely off the table.

Eh, I'm just throwing s*** out there since the Sox and mariners have holes they could help each other fill.