2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

Today at Yorktown Mall, I saw Andre Dawson and Lee Smith signing autographs. I said hello and told them that even though I was a lifelong Sox fan, I admired both as players. They were cordial and talked for a few minutes even though I didn't pay for anything. when I mentioned the Sox, Dawson asked if I liked Tim Raines. When I said I did, he just laughed and said he could tell me some stories.....

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (juddling @ Dec 21, 2014 -> 06:00 PM)
Today at Yorktown Mall, I saw Andre Dawson and Lee Smith signing autographs. I said hello and told them that even though I was a lifelong Sox fan, I admired both as players. They were cordial and talked for a few minutes even though I didn't pay for anything. when I mentioned the Sox, Dawson asked if I liked Tim Raines. When I said I did, he just laughed and said he could tell me some stories.....

When he asked you if you liked Tim Raines, you should have said "do you mean ROCK Raines?"

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 08:16 AM)
Wife brag: as of this very moment, my wife is now a college graduate! She has completed an associate's degree in respiratory therapy. Just judging from everybody's posts, I suspect that nearly all of us who have college degrees were fortunate enough to be able to obtain them before acquiring the responsibilities of a spouse and/or children (myself included). My wife started this process when our children were 3 and 2. I don't think I have the discipline required to be able to get a degree under those circumstances.

Congrats. That’s awesome.

I had one kid just before I started college and a second 16 months later all while working full-time so I definitely know the effort it takes. As an added bonus, I got a new job during my last semester which involved a 45-minute commute.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)
Got into a serious car accident last night.. like lucky to be alive type. The guy who hit me pulled a Hit and run. Luckily the police caught him about 4 blocks away. My friend had to get about 60 stitches on his head.

Glad to hear you are OK!

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)
Got into a serious car accident last night.. like lucky to be alive type. The guy who hit me pulled a Hit and run. Luckily the police caught him about 4 blocks away. My friend had to get about 60 stitches on his head.

Wow, glad to hear you are OK!!

We flew home from California last night, hopped on the in flight WiFi. Started going through Twitter and suddenly tweets popped up about the Air Asia flight that went missing. Something very creepy about sitting on a plane, reading about another plane that just disappeared while you are in the air too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 09:02 PM)
Glad to hear you are OK!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 09:19 AM)
Wow, glad to hear you are OK!!

Thanks guys. I've been in accidents before (one with my car almost just as totaled.. but that was dealing with that horrible snow storm and just losing control and hitting a guard rail) but that was by far the scariest/worst s*** I've ever been though. Still sore as f***. I probably should go to the hospital, but I'm a stubborn mule. :lol: I feel just awful for my buddy though. Hope he isn't too depressed.

Edited by SoxAce

My dad and sister got hit by a cab a long time ago when the driver cut them off on 94. No damage or injuries but knocked them off the road and through 3 lanes. Luckily the roads were empty.

The jagbag cab driver got out, looked at his car, saw my dad, got in his cab and pulled off. They couldn't see his license plate. Still pisses me off to think about it. No clue how people can hit someone and just take off. Get in less trouble or none if they stick around.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)
My dad and sister got hit by a cab a long time ago when the driver cut them off on 94. No damage or injuries but knocked them off the road and through 3 lanes. Luckily the roads were empty.

The jagbag cab driver got out, looked at his car, saw my dad, got in his cab and pulled off. They couldn't see his license plate. Still pisses me off to think about it. No clue how people can hit someone and just take off. Get in less trouble or none if they stick around.

Did they get the cab company? Some have GPS in the cars.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
Thanks guys. I've been in accidents before (one with my car almost just as totaled.. but that was dealing with that horrible snow storm and just losing control and hitting a guard rail) but that was by far the scariest/worst s*** I've ever been though. Still sore as f***. I probably should go to the hospital, but I'm a stubborn mule. :lol: I feel just awful for my buddy though. Hope he isn't too depressed.

So what happened? Also, hopefully the guy had insurance and that isn't why he ran

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
American but it was like 1995 so doubt they had it then.

The GPS would be a retrofit. But, to be fair, the chances that he would run knowing a GPS was on the car is remote.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 12:05 PM)
So what happened? Also, hopefully the guy had insurance and that isn't why he ran

Long story short, the guy ran through a stop sign and hit me by Halsted in the city. No idea if he was drunk (thinking he was) but he left the scene and we were trying to collect our barrings. Luckily the cops arrived pretty quick, and they got the guy about 4 blocks away. And he did have insurance, albeit very s***ty, and he was supposedly "shaken up" about hitting us. My friend in the meantime currently has 22 stitches on his head and probably has to go back to the hospital next week.

Edited by SoxAce