Predict when the Sox announce Tanaka 's signing

sin city sox fan

Pick the day  

16 members have voted

1. 1. When will it be official that the Japanese phenom will join our staff?

• Sunday Jan 12
    • Monday Jan 13
    • Tuesday Jan 14
    • Later in the week

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 10:27 PM)
Maybe Jason Werth went to the Nationals because he was a history buff, but probably not :)

Seems like a pretty safe default position to take that players go where they're paid the most (or very close). So the burden of proof is on the one claiming that they signed for other reasons. Since Choo went to the place where he got the most money, I'd say it's more evidence in support of the $$$$ camp.

He probably stood at the foot of the *Washington Monument wondering whether or not he could make a taller monument himself by changing his contracted earnings into single dollar bills and stacking them on top of each other.

*oops I'm no f***in history buff either

Edited by The Ultimate Champion

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jan 16, 2014 -> 05:33 PM)
What the hell are we waiting for? Get the deal done Hahn!

I honestly can't tell if you are serious or just a troll, but it has been pointed out on several occasions that Tanaka has literally nothing to gain and a lot to lose by signing early and that the odds are very small that it actually happens.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)
I find it interesting how MLB teams tends to place high value on Japanese players. Most tend to burn out after a few seasons of MLB. How fortunate for the Sox that one dude (I can't remember his name) signed for less money to play Wrigley.

Fukudome

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 12:53 PM)
I'm picking Wendesday, 1/22 for the announcement. No such option in the poll so I'm just posting it here.

A very good guess, considering we're hearing 2 days are necessary for the medicals/paperwork.